Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Not able to assign RokSprocket to module positions

• Not able to assign RokSprocket to module positions

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,

I am trying to replace a legacy slideshow on a site with RokSprocket. I am having an issue when trying to assign it to the appropraite template module position. The positions for my template don't show up in drop down. Using the included joomla modules, the module position shows up fine.

Anyone experience this before?

Thanks,
      Jesse
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Not able to assign RokSprocket to module positions

• Jesse Hammil wrote:
      Hi,

I am trying to replace a legacy slideshow on a site with RokSprocket. I am having an issue when trying to assign it to the appropraite template module position. The positions for my template don't show up in drop down. Using the included joomla modules, the module position shows up fine.

Anyone experience this before?

Thanks,
      Jesse
      The module position's from your template, in the RokSprocket modules assignement field did you try actually typing in the name and the pressing the RETURN key?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by DanG.
  • Re: Not able to assign RokSprocket to module positions

• Yeah, I tried typing it in manually, but I am not able to type in that box as I normally can. Also, the module position is there on other modules, just not this one.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Jesse Hammil wrote:
      Yeah, I tried typing it in manually, but I am not able to type in that box as I normally can. Also, the module position is there on other modules, just not this one.

Would you please create a Super Admin login for me and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look.
  • Re: Not able to assign RokSprocket to module positions

• Sure thing, thank you.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Jesse Hammil wrote:
      Sure thing, thank you.

So, some good news - I created a RokSprocket module, when Published, called RT Slider FP Slideshow which shows up at the Inset module position of your Home page.

Now the bad news. I had to disable your Advanced Module Manager to be able to do it and even then I had to do a manual entry :(
      I suspect when you renamed your Default template to its new name the XML file carrying the module position information didn't associate to the new name.

Even though the module appears it doesn't Slide appropriately as I fear the JS is crashing because of these earlier errors, Jssor.Core and YOOslider Joomla! Module, on page load:
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I would suggest to do some basic debugging. Create a new DB to use with a new Joomla install in a testing subfolder of your ROOT. Install the true template and then add RokSprocket and see if it functions properly. This will at least give you a starting point to help debug this issue.

After you've created the testing site send me access and I can help you debug. Try to post here every three to four days so I don't lose track of this Topic ;)

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds