Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Roknavmenu doesn't pick up override files

• Roknavmenu doesn't pick up override files

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • I need to override the Roknavmenu php files. So I put them in templates/mytemplate/html/mod_roknavmenu/themes/fusion. This is the standard Joomal approach.

But nothing happens. The original module files are still picked up. I know how to place override files for Roksprocket, which is also a non Joomla approach.

Does anybody can tell me where to put the files, so I can do my override?

Regards,
      Hans
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Roknavmenu doesn't pick up override files

• Which Joomla version?
      which template are you using?
      Is this site online? If so, please provide the URL to the issue.
      :)
  • Re: Roknavmenu doesn't pick up override files

• Hi,

latest Joomla version. Not a Rockettheme template. But I wanted to use Roksprocket, Rokgallery and Rokbox in this template. So I installed it and came to the conclusion that these extensions breaks the Joomla menu component. You can see it yourself on the URL I will provide you.

In my opinion it has something to do with Mootools and jQuery. If I disable Mootools the Joomla menu works fine. But the Rockettheme doesn't work anymore.

So I decided to use Roknavmenu instead of the Joomla menu component, as it shoudn't give errors with Mootools enabled. And that's correct.

For easy styling Roknavmenu the same way as the original menu, I want to change classes in the layout.php file, which has to be an override in my opinion. Don't want to change the core file.

You can see both menu's side by side on vanderzalmtuinen.krachtstroom.com

Regards,
      Hans
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Roknavmenu doesn't pick up override files

• All I use are Gatnry Rocket Theme templates so I do not have a good testing setup for this.

The override path used in our Ximenia template for example is: <Joomla Root>/templates/rt_ximenia_responsive/html/mod_roknavmenu/themes/gantry-fusion/layout.php
  • Re: Roknavmenu doesn't pick up override files

• Hi,

That's the problem. Looks like this isn't working in my case. Placed the file as you described. Nothing changes.

I'll try something else.

Thanks for the answers though.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds