Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Date Range Filter for Joomla Articles

• Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

Date Range Filter for Joomla Articles

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has come across a component or module that allows visitors to filter Joomla Articles with search and date range. (A start and end date to search within)

So far I can find plenty for K2 but I'm trying to stick to the built in Joomla Article Content, rather than go to K2.

Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks in advance.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Date Range Filter for Joomla Articles

• You could always look on JED for a 3rd party extension or take a look at Joomlas Archived Article module.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks Dan.

I have been looking on JED, I found one that sort of had an implementation of a date range but ultimately was not suitable.

It's unfortunate, as there are over a handful of components, and modules on JED that do this quite well for K2 but nothing I can find for Joomla Article.

Maybe K2 Version 3 will come out sooner. I'd go that route but I am building another site and the entry needs to be simple, and my collegues on this said that the K2 entry was too complicated (too much stuff showing when doing new entries).
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• sseguin wrote:
      It's unfortunate, as there are over a handful of components, and modules on JED that do this quite well for K2 but nothing I can find for Joomla Article.

I still think Archived Articles is worth looking at since a front end author can publish a new article directly to the Arhived status.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds