Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Search results based on access level?

• SOLVED Search results based on access level?

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • I am looking to create search modules for certain parts of a website.

I have content that is accessible by 2 groups. I want to have a search module for each that will only return results related to that access level.

Example: If I am in an area of the site accessible only by Group A, i want the search module to only return results that are accessible by Group A.

RokAjaxSearch doesn't seem to have this built in. Anyone have a suggestion?

Joomla 3.4.2
      Gantry 4.1.29
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by JJ Spelman.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Search results based on access level?

• Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "Frees stuff" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

You membership appears to have expired?

What actually happens ? it returned results for which you don't have acccess and then when you click on them you get error message?

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Search results based on access level?

• Hi,

Sorry for my English,

If I understand you correctly I suggest you to do your own search module. I don't remember that such functionality was implemented in this module.

Greetings
    • The following users have thanked you: JJ Spelman

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Search results based on access level?

• rokajaxsearch uses joomla search. I don't believe that Joomla search shows results for which you don't have the correct access level - but you need to try it to be sure.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: JJ Spelman

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Unfortunately Rok Ajax search is returning results from all categories, even when logged in as a user without access to certain categories.

I am wondering if this might be because of the resulting search page itself. By that I mean, I do not have a certain page designated as a search reults page with limited access. So I am guessing the results page is a public page.

I see there is a URL field for Results and Advanced Search. Should I create hidden menu items with limited access and use those URLs?

• RokAjaxSearch does, in fact, return results based on access level. Though I had to set the access level on a per article basis. I thought we could simply add ACL access to categories and that would force any article in that category to inherit the access level from the category but that doesn't seem to be the case. That is for another forum any way.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds