RokBox does not work on Android - Chrome & native browsers

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: RokBox does not work on Android - Chrome & native browsers

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Pablo Miguel Lopez Luna wrote:
      Hello, I have a other problem,
      I need to call plugin rokbox an outside window with the function window.open ()

So far I have the following:
      window.open ("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwHd48kgENY", "data-rokbox = 1, data-rokbox-size = 640 360")

But it does not work,
      Can you help me with my problem?

"data-rokbox = 1" is an invalid argument for RokBox. It should only be "data-rokbox".
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
  • Re: RokBox does not work on Android - Chrome & native browsers

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Hi guys, is there an update on fixing this issue? Thank you so much, P
    • jsox
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• ditto, rokbox seems to not work on android 5.1 either. exactly as OP stated links change color but nothing happens after that. most certainly some js compatibility issue. i second some help from devs on the matter. thanks in advance guys.

• Yes I would like to know when we can receive any update(s) about this :)?

Kind regards,
      Kevin

• I'm another user of RokBox2 that has this same problem, i.e. no popup when tapping on a RokGallery grid item (thumbnail) from an Andriod tablet (in my case, a Samsung Tab S). I've tested with Chome and Firefox; both have the problem. I've selected "Link Type" as "Link to RokBox2 Slice Image" in the RokGallery module. I'm using the latest versions of RokBox and RokGallery. My website works fine on a win7 desktop PC. I've tested Firefox, Chome, and IE. Firefox and Chome work perfectly. IE has some other problems, but still pops up the slice I was expecting (via RokBox2).

On Android, the Rokgallery grid item is briefly made brighter when tapped, but no RokBox2 popup image is displayed. I have also noticed that if I try to tap as fast as possible, that occasionally the RokBox2 popup works. I'm guessing the tap must be performed in less than 300 ms. for this to have any chance of working. When it does work, the RokGallery grid item is not brightened as with a slower, longer, tap. Also, if I hold down a finger on the RokGallery grid item (thumbnail), Chrome displays a popup asking if I wish to view the image in another tab, etc. This works, but it's just the raw image displayed by Chrome in the new tab, it's not displayed by RokBox2. It is the larger image slice I was expecting and not the thumbnail slice. I actually wish there was some way to inhibit this behavior, because it makes it easier to save the image to viewers local machine. I know that anyone can take a screen shot to capture whatever they're viewing, but there is no need to make it so easy to copy images which are themselves copyrighted. Such is life I guess.

One last thing. When inspecting the element on the desktop PC (in Firefox) I noticed that the data-rokbox item in the HTML is specified as data-rokbox="" I'm not sure what this means, or if this even a valid form for data-rokbox. Unfortunatel, I can't inspect the element displayed on my tablet.

• RT team, thank you for your attention to this - as you can see, this is a real issue on Android devices. Given that many folks use RokBox to display login modules and other important site elements, it's a big deal.

thanks much for your support, P
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • MtnPavlas wrote:
      RT team, thank you for your attention to this - as you can see, this is a real issue on Android devices. Given that many folks use RokBox to display login modules and other important site elements, it's a big deal.

thanks much for your support, P

Please try RokBox v2.0.11 -> http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla/extensions/rokbox

• Thank you, RT team, for working on this. Unfortunately, even after upgrading to 2.0.11 the issue persists in Chrome and Browser on LG G3 and LG Optimus F6. Interestingly enough, on the LG G3, I can't make RokBok come up at all, even when I clear cache (originally, after clearing cache, it would come up once) but on the Optimus F6 it comes up after the 3rd or 4th tap on the same link. Strange... and I'd imagine quite frustrating for you, guys. Well, thanks again for looking into this. I'm curious to see what others will report.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by MtnPavlas.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• MtnPavlas wrote:
      Thank you, RT team, for working on this. Unfortunately, even after upgrading to 2.0.11 the issue persists in Chrome and Browser on LG G3 and LG Optimus F6. Interestingly enough, on the LG G3, I can't make RokBok come up at all, even when I clear cache (originally, after clearing cache, it would come up once) but on the Optimus F6 it comes up after the 3rd or 4th tap on the same link. Strange... and I'd imagine quite frustrating for you, guys. Well, thanks again for looking into this. I'm curious to see what others will report.

This site http://demo.rockettheme.com/live/joomla-extensions/rokbox/ on my LG-G3:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

and as you can see it works fine.

The one thing I've noticed with these newer phones is to get the modal window to open I have to tap the link VERY VERY fast. If I use a normal touch 9 out of 10 times nothing happens.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds