Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Responsive grid design with a fixed module width

• SOLVED Responsive grid design with a fixed module width

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • I am using afterburner 2 currently and have the layout set in my main body area to include 2 sections. The mainbody area takes up 8 sections of the grid and then the sidebar takes up the other 4 sections. It collapses well but some of the form fields in a module I have in the sidebar break outside of the module right before the final breakpoint before transitioning to mobile.

If I do a 9 3 grid the problem is worse. So I am wondering if there is a way to fix the width of the module itself as the grid scales down so that the modules always maintain their size or if there is a way to have the form fields shrink responsively as the % decrease?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Responsive grid design with a fixed module width

• Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "Free Stuff" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

You membership appears to have expired? Whilst some templates and extensions may be free - support does require a current subscription.

You need to write your content to behave responsively too - please see this tutorial http://www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/basic/creating_responsive_content.md

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Responsive grid design with a fixed module width

• Sure. It is a bit confusing to know where to post it since it was related to a free product. Every open source community I have been a part of has the forums set for the community to respond for free to eachother and help one another out. Paid support has a specific delineated section usually but is also handled through a ticket system so my impression was that the forums were open to the community for free. Had I known I would have posted over in the Joomla forums. My appologies. I know you guys work hard to support your products and have always liked Rocket Theme. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, I know it's a bit foggy on this and we hope to clear this all up in the future. Basically if it's a quick short reply we often help anyway, but for longer things where we have to start analysing or investigating that really does require a subscription. It's only fair that we give priority to our paying membership.

But thanks for understanding.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Responsive grid design with a fixed module width

• Absolutely! Yes ... it makes sense that this should be posted in the template section since it was related to a layout and design issue.

In case someone else finds this post and is having the same issue one thing to note is that some extensions that you may have in your module positions may have a setting in them where they ask you to specify a width in px or may have one set by default. I did have one doing that but I was able to change it to auto which helped with the scaling adjustment. Still have to make the form extension responsive to make it perfect but it is pretty close at this point.

Thanks again for your help and great job to everyone at Rocket Theme! I have not subscribed again yet as I was just testing out the Gantry framework and really love it! I am just starting to grasp the incredible flexability of using it as a starting base as opposed to creating everything from scratch each time. Wanted to make sure it could do everything I am needing it to do and it has really passed the test.

Cheers!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• furtherdg wrote:
      I have not subscribed again yet as I was just testing out the Gantry framework and really love it! I am just starting to grasp the incredible flexability of using it as a starting base as opposed to creating everything from scratch each time.

G4 is soon to be replaced by G5 G5 will soon be King (A lot of neat other neat stuff is also coming - so get that subscription ;) )
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by DanG.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds