Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Rokbooster problem with RokNavMenu while cache enabled

• SOLVED Rokbooster problem with RokNavMenu while cache enabled

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • hello dear support team,

I have a problem when the rokbooster is enabled. the mobile toggle-menu does not appear correctly:
      take a look:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so does it look when rokbooster is disabled:

I think this code does not load correctly if the plugin rokbooster is enabled:

How can I solve this problem?

Kind regards
      Stefano
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Rokbooster problem with RokNavMenu while cache enabled

• Look in browser console - there will almost certainly be a JS error there and it's probably in something other than roknavmenu. Rokbooster has to be tuned to your particular environment/extensions by adding exclusions and altering other settings too. This tuning is not something we can do for you within the scope of this support forum as it can take some time to get correct. I encourage you to look at the rokbooster documentation to learn how to add exclusions and alter the other settings too.

If you are still struggling after that please post a url and I will have a quick look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Rokbooster problem with RokNavMenu while cache enabled

• hello mark,

I found out that there is a problem with the sidemenu.js.

I also tried to exclude this file from caching, but the exclusion seems to not apply.

modules/mod_roknavmenu/themes/default/js/sidemenu.js does not apply
      /modules/mod_roknavmenu/themes/default/js/sidemenu.js does not apply
      /sidemenu.js does not apply
      sidemenu.js does not apply

what do I wrong with the path?

and this part occures also an issue when rokbooster is enabled:

<script type="text/javascript">
      jQuery(window).on('load',function(){new JCaption('img.caption');});window.addEvent('domready',function(){$$('a[rel^=rokbox]').removeEvents('click');});
      </script>

this is from the file: styledeclaration.php (path: templates/gantry/feautures/styledeclaration.php). RokBox is disabled. I don't understand why this is also loaded...

kind regards
      stefanos
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by steffard.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Try clearing browser cache. I see you have change to panel responsive menu and that appears to be working fine with rokbooster enabled?

Regards, Mark.

• hello mark,

I cleared the cache and the panel responsive menu was active from right away the start.
      The problem is not at the "home" site. The problem appears in the subpages like /samsung, /iphone and so on.
      The startpage is not cached.
      Did you change something? At my device the problem is stil there :-/

kind regards
      stefanos
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Your gantry and gantry template are out of date - please could you backup and update these to 4.1.26 first.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by MrT.

• hello mark,

now the gantry version is updated. my problem is stil there :-/

kind regards
      stefanos
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok you panel menu is mis-positioned because of your own custom CSS (line 303):
      .gf-menu {
          margin: -8px 0 0 20px;
      }
      the top margin should be 0px not -8px.

Your hover colors are wrong again because of your own custom CSS (line 78).

As to the menu itself, it seems to be working fine - I checked on "per samsung" page as you said and it seems fine?

I would also add that 380 lines of custom CSS just "feels" a but wrong to me - but I guess you have good reasons.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds