Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problem with JEvents and RokAjaxSearch

• Problem with JEvents and RokAjaxSearch

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Hi,
      I have installed on a site JEvents and the search module RokAjaxSearch. RokAjaxSearch actually works quite well, BUT it brings wrong links to the events of JEvents.
      Instead of:
      http://www.region-leipzig.com/events/eventdetail/12/-/lesung-in-the-castle
      will be generated:
      http://www.region-leipzig.com/events/eventdetail/12/-/lesung-in-schloss?tmpl=component
      Moreover, only the event is displayed when you click on the link, without the rest of the page. Probably the ?tmpl=component is responsible for that. But I do not know how to remove that. I already tried to remove it in the module-admin's first option, but that didn't change anything.
      For better understanding plaese try here by yourself:
      http://www.region-leipzig.com
      and then type in the sidebar on the right in the search box "Lesung", then the event of the example appears in the results list.
      (For an example that works fine with an article you may type "Kirchenruine".)

I would appreciate your help very much!

Best regards, Thomas
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Thomas_Braun.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Problem with JEvents and RokAjaxSearch

• Hi Thomas,

Can you go to the RokAjaxSearch module please and in the settings the first field should be Search page URL and will have the default URL of...

index.php?option=com_search&view=search&tmpl=component

Try changing that to index.php?option=com_search&view=search then save, clear cache and test again.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: Problem with JEvents and RokAjaxSearch

• Hi David,

thanks!
      I already tried that, but removing the "&tmpl=component" doesn't change anything. The problem remains to be same.
      Actually It let it removed, maybe someone would like to have a look at it. It's a pity, it such a nice module but it does not work proper for me at that point.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

On my install it removed it from the URL and page loaded fine.

Can you use the 'secure' option above post input to provide me with a temporary Super Admin access please and I will take a look to see what the cause may be.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

• Yes, thank you very much!
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Thomas,

Thanks for access. I think the problem is caused by JEvents. I found this on their forums - www.jevents.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31...6240&start=20#p83670

Looks like their output adds the &tmpl=component

Perhaps ask them for the solution.

Hope this helps 8)

• Thank you David!
      I asked them first and their answer was:
      "I'm really sorry but they (meant is RocketTheme) are generating the link so you'll need to speak with RT about that. We are not familiar with the RT AjaxSearch."
      ;D

Ok, I'll have a look at what you found, maybe that helps!
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Thomas,

In that link they refer to it being a Joomla 3.X problem but they provide a fix for their code.

Hope this helps 8)

• No, they added that code already in the actual version of that file.
      So must be something else.

Bad luck, I think I leave it at it is. No chance for me to solve that by my own. I like you're module so much, it's much nicer than the original search and it fits perfect to my site. Can only hope that not too many users search for events.

Thanks again!
      Thomas

• Hi David,

I got help from JEvents: www.jevents.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26...326&p=139841#p139841

If you can't see that link:

Postby Geraint ยป Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:06 pm

The problem is RokAjaxSearch calls the plugin from a URL with &tmpl=component in it so JEvents righty assumes that this request is coming from a popup window.

I have a workaround - change line c.240 of componemts/com_jevents/libraries/jicaleventrepeat.php from
      if (JRequest::getCmd("tmpl", "") == "component" && JRequest::getCmd('task', 'selectfunction') != 'icalevent.select' && JRequest::getCmd("option", "") != "com_acymailing" && JRequest::getCmd("option", "") != "com_jnews" && JRequest::getCmd("jevtask", "") != "crawler.listevents")

to
      if (JRequest::getCmd("tmpl", "") == "component" && JRequest::getCmd('task', 'selectfunction') != 'icalevent.select' && JRequest::getCmd("option", "") != "com_acymailing" && JRequest::getCmd("option", "") != "com_jnews" && JRequest::getCmd("option", "") != "com_search" && JRequest::getCmd("jevtask", "") != "crawler.listevents")

Changing the code solved the problem. The event pages are now opend as they should. But the search link in "Search page URL." was and is still set to "index.php?option=com_search&view=search". So it seems that the module produces the worng request (as Geraint found out) somewhere else.

Do you want to look in that again and change the module? If yes I could bring JEvents back to standard, otherwise I need to change that code on every update they do.

Quite interesting that no one else reported this problem before. :)

Thanks,
      Thomas

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds