Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokBooster and Camber

• Jono Cowdery
    • Rocketeer
    • Christian, webdesign

SOLVED RokBooster and Camber

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Has anybody succeeded in running RokBooster on Camber? When I use it, I always eventually get a missing main manu and my footer modules all squashed to the right side.

Thanks,

- Jono
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Jono Cowdery.
    • Web design for Australian small business at www.protoncreative.com.au
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED RokBooster and Camber

• Jono Cowdery wrote:
      Has anybody succeeded in running RokBooster on Camber? When I use it, I always eventually get a missing main manu and my footer modules all squashed to the right side.

Very vague on your setup. Our assistance level to you increases when we have a live link to view. It also helps to have some information about your platform. HELP YOURSELF!! ->

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)Wamp Server Window 7 64 bit
      PHP version5.4.3
      Platform (name and version)Joomla 3.2.3
      Template/Extension (name and version)Epsilon 1.0 - RokSprocket 2.1.0
      Link to the IssueThis really helps us - this is my local setup ;)
    • Jono Cowdery
    • Rocketeer
    • Christian, webdesign

• Hi Dan, thank you for the reply. Sorry, I didn't realise I was going to be getting an admin reply on this... it was just a general shout out to see if any users had any success using RokBooster with this template. Otherwise I definitely would have given more detail - which I shall do now.

Camber 1.10, Gantry 4.1.26 and Joomla! 3.3.6. Latest version of RokBooster. Site link and login in secure section of this post.

I'm actually having trouble even getting RB to do anything at all. It seems like the first or 2nd time I load the page I see a partially combined/compressed site in FireBug, but then on subsequent loads it is just the usual site files loading. It's like RB starts working, but then reverts to being disabled.

The other issue is that eventually I find on some pages the main menu completely disappears, and the 3 footer modules are squashed over to the right side of the screen. It's quite strange and I can't figure out what quirk of (presumably) CSS is causing it - it looks ok in FireBug. Clearing the cache seems to fix it until some unknown period of time when it occurs again.

I've used RB in the past with good results on RocketTheme templates. This is frustrating. Many thanks for any thoughts you can provide!

PS this is actually occuring on 2 sites which are running Camber.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Jono Cowdery.
    • Jono Cowdery
    • Rocketeer
    • Christian, webdesign

• With help from another Rocketeer I have now correctly set up the Camber template, which was giving me inconsistent results. RokBooster seems to be behaving a bit better right now - fingers crossed.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Jono Cowdery wrote:
      With help from another Rocketeer I have now correctly set up the Camber template, which was giving me inconsistent results. RokBooster seems to be behaving a bit better right now - fingers crossed.

So what was the solution?
    • Jono Cowdery
    • Rocketeer
    • Christian, webdesign

• I had a Camber template override set as the default but not assigned to any menu items. I now only have the master template, set as my default per this thread .

I am not yet sure if RokBooster is behaving well now. The caching process seems to be a bit erratic so far. But at least no odd effects on the front end yet.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Jono Cowdery wrote:
      I had a Camber template override set as the default but not assigned to any menu items. I now only have the master template, set as my default per this thread .

You may find this helpful for future reference -> How to Create a Template Override

To mark this issue as Solved, please change the Topic icon to a Checkmark and edit the Topic Title in your FIRST post of the Topic

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Thanks.
    • Jono Cowdery
    • Rocketeer
    • Christian, webdesign

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds