Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

FP Mosaic & Blog Articles

• timread
    • Hero Rocketeer

FP Mosaic & Blog Articles

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • If this question has been answered already, please can you post a link? Thanks :)

Re: Kirigami.

I would like to know how an article I write, which I add to my blog page (by assigning it to the blog category), ends up being shown on my Frontpage Mosaic under "All" or "Blog".

Is this automatic... or do I need to upload 2 articles and assign one to the blog category and the other manually insert it in the Mosaic module?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by timread.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: FP Mosaic & Blog Articles

• I'm not quite sure I understand you are you saying that's what it IS doing or what you WANT it to do?

You can change what items appear in the rokcpocket by changing it's filters.

Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

in fact, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • timread
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi Mark.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using Joomla 3.3 and haven't altered anything after installing Rocketlauncher.

My request concerns what I'd like to do.

I understand that in order for different content to appear in the FP Mosaic I need to change its filters.

Regarding the 'Blog' tab on the FP Mosaic, when I click it I would like it to display articles from my 'Blog' articles category that are also displayed onscreen when a visitor clicks the 'Blog' menu item on my Main Menu.

Is there any way to synchronize the two (the FP Mosaic with an article category), so that an article I upload and assign to a category automatically displays under the particular tab of the FP Mosaic... and so I don't need to repeatedly update the FP Mosaic's filters each time I publish a new article to my blog category?

Thanks in advance.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok I think you're in danger of getting confused. The sort facility in the mosaic works upon TAGS, tags can either come from the article or be entered in the roksprocket against each item. Filters are a way of getting the "set" of articles that you need (e.g. a category, or even a specific tag) - you can have multiple filters, once filters are set the roksprocket will automatically pick up any new articles that match that filter criterion. So, once you have your "SET" of articles (arrived at though filters) then you can sort those articles in the front end using TAGS. So, if you're going to use "TAG IS" filter, then you'll need to set the TAG when creating each article. If you use the "CATEGORY IS" filter you're still going to have to set the TAG in the articles so that you are able to sort on the articles in the roksprocket mosaic.

Ok, now for the link, the link would normally be used to link to the full content of the article on a separate page. However, you can set an alternate default link for every item (e.g. to go to your blog list) or individually against each item. What I don't think you go do Is go to a specific article within the blog list and be able to page up and down after that.

I hope that is clearer. The best thing I can suggest is that you give it a go and I can help if you get stuck.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds