Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

500 server error saving RokSprocket

• 500 server error saving RokSprocket

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • I am receiving the following error when trying to save or close a RokSpricket module"
      500 - An error has occurred.
      View not found [name, type, prefix]: default, html, roksprocketView

When I open the module and save it, there is no error.
      When I open the module and press "Load More" then save, there is no error.
      When I open the module and press "Load All" then save or close the module, I receive the error.
      There are 254 items in this module; however, I have been able to edit this module, with the same items, in the past.

RokSprocket v2.1.2
      Joomla! 2.5.24
      PHP 5.3.28
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Laura Holzler. Reason: Adding system info.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: 500 server error saving RokSprocket

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Please can you try clearing BROWSER and SERVER cache first.

Then make sure all RT products are up-to-date.

If still no good Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Which browser are you using?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: 500 server error saving RokSprocket

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Yes, we updated all of the RocketTheme products to their latest versions as well as Joomla and all other components. This is against my better judgement due to the bug in the currnet version of RokBox which prevents pop-ups from working on mobile devices, but that is a different matter entirely.

We have tried the following:
      • Clearing the website cache, including both the expired and individual components/modules cache.
      • Clearing the browser cache.
      We have tried all of the following browsers:
      • Using Firefox 32 (Mac)
      • Using Chrome 37 (Mac)
      • Using IE 11 (PC)

We checked with our host to see if it was an issue with limits such as using too many processes, but they confirmed that it is a Joomla component error, not related to hosting. Here is one thing we noticed:

When opening then Saving & Closing the module without "loading all" items the browser URL is:
      /administrator/index.php?option=com_modules&view=modules

When we load all the items and then press Save & Close the URL is:
      /administrator/index.php?option=com_roksprocket&layout=edit&id=173

The URL above produces the same 500 error when pasted into a browser. The correct "edit" URL would be:
      [url]administrator/index.php?option=com_roksprocket&view=module&layout=edit&id=173[/url]
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• MrT wrote:
      If still no good Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

I need to see the issue myself - can you give me exact steps to recreate please.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators

• Steps to re-create the problem:
      1. Login using the provided account.
      2. Go to the Module Manager
      3. Click on the Interactive Portfolio (item #7 on page 1)
      4. Scroll to the bottom of the page
      5. Shift Click to load all items
      6. Click on Save, Save and Close or Close
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• wow - that's a huge number of articles in one roksprocket. My suspicion is that you are running our of memory. Please try increasing your php memory_limit from 128M to 256M as a first go at resolving this. After that we're going to have to start looking at every article...

... and if you could just confirm to be the rokspprocket Id specifically that you were trying as several include "portfolio" in name and my sort order might be different to yours.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by MrT.

• You had the right one, it is ID 173 with the title "Interactive Portfolio"

Unfortunatly I can't increase the memory_limit without moving to a new server. It is possible that it is related to memory, but it is odd that the error is not memory related.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Memory errors can manifest themselves in strange ways so I still thinks it's that. However, if you want I suggest the following:

Duplicate the roksprocket module and in the copy remove those filters one at a time to see if you can narrow it down to a set of articles and/or the volume of articles. If you can narrow it down to a category then you need to try to narrow it down to one of the articles too.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds