Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

k2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: k2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • David Q wrote:
      No discourtesy intended Mark. I detected a hint of "if you don't like it - lump it!" implicit in your response - and that's probably fair; except that for a good while there, the templates were advertised as supporting K2. The game has moved on a bit now and K2 isn't the only show in town anymore but Rockettheme's long standing sub-par support for K2 meant that for those of us who like to use K2 on client projects- rocketheme template was literally "asking for trouble".
      Anyway..ancient history now!

Not at all - I can only be honest and tell you how it is... the ticket is outstanding, yes it has been outstanding a long time, but I have no influence over when our developers will address it. I understand the frustration so the only thing I can advise you to do is to write directly to our support department using the "contact us" link.

What I will add is that I am seeing a number of members growing more frustrated with K2 (although I still see it as a great product), updates have not been as forthcoming as they used to be and the support doesn't seem to be what it used to be either. You will of course apprecaite that we are not the developers of K2 either and anytime we integrate with a third-party product it gives us an overhead for maintenance and updates that detract from our core business of providing great themes and the gantry framework.

So, there is no intention of "like it or lump it", I am just being honest about the situation and suggesting a way that might gain more traction that posting here in the forum.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: Todd Harrison

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • David Q
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• "I am just being honest about the situation and suggesting a way that might gain more traction that posting here in the forum."

Understood- and like all your contributions to this thread Mark; much appreciated.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by David Q.
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok no problem.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • dierk
    • Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Meanwhile, is this fixed now?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • No it's not the ticket is still outstanding.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: SOLVED K2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    • 5 years and 6 months this has been outstanding!

The following bug fix has been tested using Joomla 3.9, K2 2.9.0, Gantry 5.4.29 and RokSprocket 2.1.26. This solution should work on different versions of Joomla, K2 and Gantry because the issue is with the RokSprocket code:

If you look at line 29 in /components/com_roksprocket/lib/RokSprocket/Provider/K2/Filter.php you should see the following:
      $this->query->select('CONCAT_WS(",", t.id) AS tag_ids, CONCAT_WS(",", t.name) AS tag_names');
      It needs changing to the following
      $this->query->select('GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT t.id) AS tag_ids, GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT t.name) AS tags');
      This solution will work with K2 articles that have multiple tags.

Please include this bug fix in the next release of RokSprocket to benefit the RocketTheme community :-).
    • The following users have thanked you: Steven Vincent

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED K2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

• I've added your suggested fix to the ticket.

Regards, Mark.

• RokSprocket is such a great component, that even with the development Ganty5 particles, we often make us of it. Its ability to display data from different providers such as K2 besides Joomla articles is a very big plus point. Let's hope the project is maintained into the future, that bug fixes are included and new versions released.
  • Re: k2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

• WORKS!!!
      After these years...
      Thank you so much
    • The following users have thanked you: James Wadsworth

Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    • Thanks James Wadsworth.

Hopefully we see this in the next release!

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds