Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

k2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

• k2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Hi
      With mosaic theme in RokSprocket it is possible to use Joomla tags as "Article Tags" but when I switch to k2 then "Article Tags" does not fetch the tags from the k2 article. Is this a bug? or is there some settings I have missed?

Regards Nikolaj
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: k2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

• No it's a "feature" that hasn't yet been developed - please raise your suggestion in the "requests" forum.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: k2 tags not imported to RokSprocket?

• Thanks Mark
      Can you point me in the direction of the "Requests" forum. I have searched and searched but I can't find it :-)

Regards Nikolaj
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/requests

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I would like this too. Tried to follow link but got a forbidden message, I guess taht is because my subscription is currently lapsed. Still is pretty confusing having the article tags showing when it doesn't work.

• My subscription has also just ended, so I can't make the feature request as well. Can I possibly ask you Mark to make request? :-)

Regards Nikolaj
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Actually guys, I have now had the opportunity to do more testing on this - and I now believe that this IS a BUG since the "article tags" option has been implemented for K2 but does not work (it does for Joomla provider). I have therefore raised a bug ticket for our DEVS to investigate this issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Tims

• I am experiencing the same issue and am wondering if there are there any updates on this? Is it possible for us to see the bugtracker or source repository/version control?

After having a look through the code I think I have narrowed down this issue to the query being made by RokSprocket to the K2 db.

This is using Joomla 3.2, Gantry 4.1.24 and RokSprocket 2.1.1

If you look at line 29 in /components/com_roksprocket/lib/RokSprocket/Provider/K2/Filter.php you should see the following:
      $this->query->select('CONCAT_WS(",", t.id) AS tag_ids, CONCAT_WS(",", t.name) AS tag_names');

If you change this line to the following
      $this->query->select('CONCAT_WS(",", t.id) AS tag_ids, CONCAT_WS(",", t.name) AS tags');

the error dissapears and you get the correct tags. BUT you only seem to get the first article tag for each K2 article.

Does anyone have any idea how to change this to get all the tags for each K2 article?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Tims.
    • The following users have thanked you: David Q, BradyS

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Tims - I did look at your suggestion but I don't think that's it. Therefore, we will have to wait for one of our DEVS to invetigate the bug ticket I have already raised.

Regards, Mark.

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • Any updates on this? would be nice to not have to re-enter all the k2 tags. Any time-frames available?

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds