Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

My ... doesn't show, appear on the Home page

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

My ... doesn't show, appear on the Home page

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • So your just about to start a NEW topic about an issue you've encountered with your Rockettheme template.

In your Template Manager you've enabled your FEATURE (Custom LOGO, Social Icons, Login panel, popup module or Coming Soon feature) using the templateName - Default MASTER template but the FEATURE isn't showing up on the Home page. However on all your other pages the FEATURE appears.
      Maybe you've set the Gantry sliders for a specific set of module widths on your site but they are not obeyed on the Home page.

Most of our latest templates actually have more than one template in the Template Manager. Our Gantry framework allows a user to create a duplicate of the templateName - Default MASTER and assign that duplicate to be active on a specific set of user chosen menu pages.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

This allows a vast amount of stylization by the user as ALL the features & styles present in the templateName - Default MASTER are also present in the duplicate and can be modified for those user selected menu pages.

So you've gone into the templateName - Default MASTER and set your FEATURE/STYLE, saved and checked you Front End Home page and the FEATURE isn't present or stylized according to your settings.

Your setting for the FEATURE/STYLE in the templateName - Default MASTER affects ALL menu pages EXCEPT those which are controlled by any templateName - Home (this can be any user created name) OVERRIDE template and assigned to the specific page you want to affect.

Let's say you want a different Logo only for the Home page. So we have to override the setting in templateName - Default MASTER.

Create your duplicate template and call the override templateName - Home.
      In the Logo settings change to the Logo you wish to use. Then go to the ASSIGNMENTS Tab and check the menu page(s) that should have your override assigned to them.

Now your Home page will use the templateName - Home and show it's own Logo while all the other menu pages will use the templateName - Default will use the "default" Logo. You can tell that you've done this correctly by the addition of a GREEN Check Mark beside the templateName - Home "ASSIGNED" column.

In this case the templateName - Home OVERRIDE template has the FEATURE/STYLE Disabled for the Home page. Since it is an OVERRIDE template, it overrides any settings in the templateName - Default MASTER template.

So when you began developing your site and want to customize the presence or styling ALWAYS check the Template Manager to see what templates are present.

You can READ MORE about our Joomla templates and overrides here.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by DanG.
    • The following users have thanked you: Brian Cronin

• Re: My ... doesn't show, appear on the Home page

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • DanG, my WordPress CP does not look like yours. Do I need to set something?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: My ... doesn't show, appear on the Home page

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
  • Re: My ... doesn't show, appear on the Home page

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Many thanks Dan well on my way now :)

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds