Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Out of the Box

• Out of the Box

Posted 16 years 8 months ago
    • I am brand new to Joomla. I have just installed Versatility III on my site. The site is new, and at this moment in time, is exactly as a joomla site is out of the box. (With the fake news stories etc.) The site is mclellanpress.org . I am trying to figure out what is going on with the menu on the top of the page (under the logo). The FAQs and wraaper menu items are black, but have a white top to them when you hover over them, like they are inteneded to be on the top line of graphic tabs. They are not located on the top line of tabs though.

Is this a problem with the default settings, and they just need to have fewer things at the top? I would assume that the default settings would not cause a problem, but they might. I have not yet even gotten to trying to insert the logo into the template, I am just trying to figure our what I may have done wrong to the instalation. (If anything) Since I have not worked with templates before, I am a touch nervous. If I am missing something that is painfully obvious, would someone mind clueing me in? I am looking to figure this out before going a head and starting to populate the site with content.

Anyone have ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
  • Re: Out of the Box

• I would try the Rocket Launcher for V3 instead as it does work out of the box. The example content for the normal Joomla! install does not work as well with the RT templates.

I would check out the V3 solved forum as issues of this sort have been reported and solved :)
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

• Thanks. I appreciate the help.
    • Ian Beer
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Out of the Box

• There are too many menu items on the main menu is all. If you un-publish or delete two or three items from the default Joomla main menu set up then it will occupy only the one line as it is intended to do, instead of running onto a second line. The two white corners are so that the tabs blend with the background when they are where they should be......in the line above.

As James says, the RT Joomla install works out of the box, the default Joomla tends not to display too well without a few minor tweeks.

• Ok, things are getting better. There is still an issue with module positions. I'm working on trying to figure out how to define/assign them to content.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds