Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Error After Install

• Error After Install

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • Used the rocketlauncher ( code.google.com/p/gantry-framework/downl...auncher.zip&can=2&q= ) to install the free Quasar template. Everything installed fine. Set "rt_gantry_j15" as the default template. I get the following when I go to my site (edwimmer.com): Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/13/d221403007/htdocs/components/com_gantry/core/gantry.class.php on line 31. This seems to be a problem with Gantry because I get the same message when I set "Grunge" as the default template, both are Gantry. Help.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Error After Install

• It's not a Gantry error. Please upgrade your PHP version to 5.2.x or newer.
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
  • Re: Error After Install

• Thanks prim!

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • I have the Rocketlauncher installed on PHP v 5.2.14, the install went fine, but when I open the homepage, I get following error :

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homez.311/lepodcas/alixii.com/v2/components/com_gantry/core/gantry.class.php on line 31"

Any idea how to fix this?

Iam already installed another Rocketwebsite on the same server and everything works fine.

Regards,
      Matthieu

• I've fixed it adding following info in the .htaccess file :

SetEnv PHP_VER 5

• I am having the same provlem with the parse error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /web/joomla/components/com_gantry/core/gantry.class.php on line 31

How do I fix this?
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Error After Install

• Upgrade to PHP 5.2.x or newer. PHP4 is not supported anymore.
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Running PHP 5.2 and get the same error.

• Running PHP 5.2 and get the same error.

• Looks like my host didn't actually have PHP5 active, though it was installed... I activated it through cPanel and it's working now. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds