Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

• Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • Install the module.

Then edit it: choose a position, like left of right, depending on your template and where you want it.

You need of course to have a PayPal account. Change the parameters with your own data (Logo or text / PayPal Email / PayPal Organisation, Currency, etc.) and finally publish the module.
    • Yves

• Can the suckerfish menu be on the left side for example and cascade accordingly?

Like on the left side, as follows:

Home
      About
      -> Mission
      -> Vision
      -> Management
      > Management Bios
      Contact Us

--> denotes the sub-level
      > denotes the sub-sub-level

I want the menus to show on mouseover not upon clicking. Achievable?
    • Last Edit: 17 years 5 months ago by .

• Ken Nunes wrote:

2. When in mainmenu, you will create NEW and you will say create a Table-Content Section.

I don't know if I'm missing something, or if joomla has changed since this was posted, but I don't see the option "Table - Content Section".

When I go to Main Menu and then New, the only options that are close are "Blog - Content Section ", "List - Content Section" and "Table - Content Category".

Should I use one of these?

Thanks,

Andrew

Posted 17 years 4 months ago
    • Same deal here: no Table - Content Section.

Is anybody responding to this thread anymore?

• Re: SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

• Piers Duruz wrote:

I'm just trying to figure out how to get the split menu to appear horizontally under the top one (same as how when you click on Joomla Template Club here, you get a second menu underneath).

Any ideas anyone?

Hey Piers I am trying the same thing with Versitility ii. I can't seem to get the menu to appear under the toolbar, I was successful in getting the style correct with a 27px bar under the tool bar to make room fro the sub-menus.
      You can also try downloading Elixer 2.0 and reverse engineer it. It has the menu that we are looking for. There is a choice in the index.php to show the submenu i.e $submenu = "horiz";
      I will make my email address public.
      Please Piers if you make any progress with this issue can you email me with the info. I have a post in Versitility ii that I will update if I make any progress whatsoever.

Cheers,
      Walt
    • Who is John Galt?

• ??? I have tried all the things indicated in this thread and still can't get the sub menu to show up in the left column. I have another item in the module, and have unpublished mainmenue.
      With unpublished mainmenu, nothing except other menu on left (this is other item to guarantee this works)
      With published main menu I get the whole menu structure including the top items with sub items tabbed over. Where could I be going wrong? Maybe in Section, Category, Item setup?
      Thanks for any help.
      Russell

• ;D Well, I got it to work. In the templateconfig file I changed the template orientation from "right" to "left"
      I guess I had changed it earlier tinkerintg with the layout; I thought a change to "right" would put the sub menu on the right but it didn't. Just wanted to make this note in case someone else was having a problem learning the ins and outs of this Joomla template stuff. I LOVE what this is going to do for my site.

Posted 17 years 3 months ago
    • Many Thanks this is a great help

paul

Posted 17 years 2 months ago
    • Thanks Ken et al for this thread - very helpful!

I'm using Versatility II template and the suckerfish menu option. One thing I'd like to do with the mainmenu across the top of the page is to only have one sub-level of menu dropping down, even though I have up to two more levels (in effect, various sub-pages). Up to four levels of drop down menu can be just too fiddly for some users to navigate and choose from. I want to force people to get to the lower levels of the site by clicking links in the first (and any lower) sub-level pages.

The reason I want to have these extra sub-level menus, even though invisible, is that it's the means of showing a complete trail of breadcrumbs at the top of the sub-pages. If the sub-pages are not part of the menu system then the breadcrumbs will show only "Home" and give no indication of "how did I get here?", which can be quite helpful sometimes.

Any thoughts anyone?

Graham L

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds