Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Suckerfish drop-down appears BEHIND flash header - HELP!

Re: Suckerfish drop-down appears BEHIND flash header - HELP!

Posted 17 years 1 month ago
    • I gave up. :-[
    • Cebby
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Posted 17 years 3 weeks ago
    • I am having this same problem - only on wrapper where I'm wrapping a website that uses flash components and where I'm wrapping flashchat.

Can this wmode/transparent code be added to the wrapper component somehow? Where should it go?

Sorry to see stonelotus gave up - this is not an option for me...
    • Cebsource Creative & Technical Services
  • Re: Suckerfish drop-down appears BEHIND flash header - HELP!

• Taylor Warnick wrote:
      Where do I insert

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Which file needs editing?

I am using Bento and monoslideshow

http://www.inyourgrill.com

You put it in the module where you put the rest of the code. Here is what mine looks like:
      <div id="mssHolder">
      <script type="text/javascript" src="images/slideshow/swfobject.js"></script>
      <div id="monoSlideshow">
      <p><strong>Please install Flash and turn on Javascript.</strong></p>
      </div>
      <script type="text/javascript">
      // <![CDATA[
      var so = new SWFObject("images/slideshow/monoslideshow.swf", "SOmonoSlideshow", "551", "169", "7", "#ffffff");
      so.addParam("base", "images/slideshow/");
      so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
      so.write("monoSlideshow");
      // ]]>
      </script>
      </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
      var so = new SWFObject("images/slideshow/monoslideshow.swf", "mss", "551", "169", "7", "#ffffff");
      so.addVariable("showLogo", "false");
      so.addParam("base", "images/slideshow/");
      so.write("mssHolder");
      </script>

Let me know if you have any questions

• Andy Miller wrote:
      well, i'm looking at this now, and on the flash side, the wmode param thing works on all except firefox2 on mac. There's a bug concerning this. This guy has the same issue with his wordpress flash plugin:

www.matthijskamstra.nl/blog/index.php/category/flash

regarding other things, it's kinda complicated, there are seperate ie6 and ie7 issues. Can someone who's seeing the problem try this:

archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/82351

I don't think this is fixable. It used to be that wmode was not compatible with any Firefox browsers. In fact, there is a long history of wmode acting screwy. There was an older version of IE where wmode wrote some text upside down. wmode is still a pain because it causes Flash to write things to the screen differently and really slows stuff down.

• Im having the similar issue (displaying under slideshow) using frontage slideshow with the sucker fish in verstitality 11, but only in IE7... firefox 100%

Any coding fix working for this issue yet??? please!!
    • Don't think, Feeeeel... It is like a finger pointing to the moon. (slap) Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.

• Justin Partridge wrote:
      Im having the similar issue (displaying under slideshow) using frontage slideshow with the sucker fish in verstitality 11, but only in IE7... firefox 100%

Any coding fix working for this issue yet??? please!!

If you are referring to monoSlideShow, my solution above will probably fix it. If you already have monoSlideShow working, just add this line as a parameter:

Add it in the module

• Thanks Christian,

But no Im having the issue with Frontpageslideshow, not using mono slide show on the site Im having issues on!
    • Don't think, Feeeeel... It is like a finger pointing to the moon. (slap) Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• FPS isn't Flash is it? So WMODE will be of no use.

Have you played around with z-index values for the slideshow and/or suckerfish?

I've had problems with VII and the news ticker from Sporticus, I couldn't figure it out and had to move the ticker in the end - so you might not have a lot of luck.
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst

• Yeh dan, its not flash...Id use something else though they are enjoying the linking and ease of use with FPS. Mono slide show is too much for them as they have to change the .xml s etc each time they want to change something which being a Soccer Club they do weekly.

Thanks I'll try the Z values, no I hadn't even started to trouble shoot. Like you usually by the time I've found an answer to solve my prob I've already figured it out...but this week I've just been to busy to even play around with anything fun!

Posted 17 years 2 weeks ago
    • I finally got this to work for me -- I am using Bento Box and put a Flash piece on the home page below the suckerfish dropdowns. I tried using the swfoject.js file (an additional JS file -- you can Google for it and you'll see some of its benefits) and had some success, but here's what I eventually did:

1. The Flash piece is only shown on the home page of the site.

Here's my code -> between the border-pad border-bottom div and the showcase div, I inserted this Flash piece:
      <?php if ($option=="com_frontpage") { ?><div class="clr"></div>
      <div style="height:160px; margin:0px; padding:0px; z-index: 5;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="885" height="160" id="top_image" align="middle">
      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
      <param name=menu value="false">
      <param name="movie" value="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/images/top_image.swf" />
      <param name="quality" value="high" />
      <param name=wmode value=transparent>
      <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
      <embed src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/images/top_image.swf" quality="high" menu="false" value="transparent" wmode="opaque" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="885" height="160" name="top_image" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
      </object></div><?php } ?>

2. I'm a developer at Patgonia and our website uses Flash, loads of layes and moo.fx and prototype.js. If it works THERE with Firefox 2.0 and a Mac, it has to be something else. (I had played with the z-index too.) Finally, I tried removing the call to the other js scripts. Wammo!
      <?php if ($option!="com_frontpage") { ?>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/litebox-1.0.js"></script>
      <?php } ?>

By not calling the lightbox-1.0.js script, the suckerfish dropdowns now work over the Flash piece and in all browsers.

Hope this helps. RocketTheme's templates make my freelance work so much easier.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 2 weeks ago by Andrew Story.
    • "Yes, I got the memo."

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds