Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Suckerfish drop-down appears BEHIND flash header - HELP!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Suckerfish drop-down appears BEHIND flash header - HELP!

Posted 17 years 1 month ago
    • Donna, the problem i had was that the wmode part killed the monoslideshow on firefox 2.0.2 on my mac (kevin's also). it was coming down the wire so i decided to leave it out until i could explore more fully. Since then i've changed out the slimbox for litebox, so perhaps it works now. I'll check again and put it back in if it appears to all be working well together. thanks.

• I'm using the Frontpage Slideshow from Joomlaworks and experiencing the same problem (dropdown menus hiding behind the module). I think I'm in the same boat as Jason Painter here. Frontpage Slideshow doesn't use flash and since it's in a module I don't see where I can edit the object parameters.

Any ideas?
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• i'll be looking at this issue shortly.
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• stonelotus wrote:
      I'm using the Frontpage Slideshow from Joomlaworks and experiencing the same problem (dropdown menus hiding behind the module). I think I'm in the same boat as Jason Painter here. Frontpage Slideshow doesn't use flash and since it's in a module I don't see where I can edit the object parameters.

Any ideas?

Have you played around with the z-index values for suckerfish? You might have some luck there...

Having said that, I implemented the news scroller from Sporticus into Versa II which was using suckerfish, and no matter what I tried I could not get the menus to appear above the scroller text. I had to relocate the scroller in the end (which is obviously not an option for frontpage slideshow unfortunately).

Will be interested to see if Andy can find a solution for this...
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I guess I should've mentioned it earlier, the problem is only happening for me in IE7.

• Hi

I am seeing this same problem with the suckerfish menus not showing up over the wrapper module. I have 2 product demos which play in user1 position and the demo wipes the menus out. Any ideas how I can fix this? I was having the same problems with flash which I could of tried to fix using the fixes above, but instead I ended up moving the flash to inset as a workaround. Can anyone suggest a fix when you cannot get to any code to edit. I am using Firefox and IE but I dont know where in my template I should enter the code that the guys on the other forum are talking about!

Thanks

Richard

• regarding other things, it's kinda complicated, there are seperate ie6 and ie7 issues. Can someone who's seeing the problem try this:

archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/82351

I tried the code you suggested below in the template_IE7.css but the lightbox is still VERY sticky in IE7 - meaning it works but takes AGES. But works fine in IE6 and Fx.

As an aside I appreciate all the great support at this site. And I agree with the comments in the CSS code that IE6 and IE7 are "lousy"

#nav li:hover {
      z-index:1;
      background-position: 0 0;
      }
  • Re: Suckerfish drop-down appears BEHIND flash header - HELP!

Posted 17 years 4 weeks ago

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds