Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port

• JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port

Posted 15 years 3 months ago
    • I'm having some trouble with ftp ing on one of my hosts. i have posts there as well. But, I am getting this error message: JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port 21 when I set my server settings in the global config of joomla. I'm having trouble with a couple of sites.

My clients aren't able to upload images into the media manager.
  • Re: JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port

• Thanks,

but, it has been set to no by default due to the error. And the media manager doesn't allow the uploads.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port

• Make sure that the FTP layer is enabled and that the login info is 100% correct. Can you login to the FTP using a normal FTP client?

Try CHMOD /tmp to 757
      Is /images/stories set to 755?

Also, is the ownership of the files and folders correct?
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

• Hey PRim.

Yes, I am capable of login in with FireFtp or Dreamweaver and uploading files through these clients. The media manager in Joomla isn't allowing me to ftp on some websites.

Now, it only occurs on one hosting company that I use for my own accounts and some clients. Another hosting company does not have this problem.

excerpts from posts on the hosting forum:
      in the Joomla global configuration the ftp in the server tab is set to
      host: 127.0.0.1
      ftp port: 21
      ftp username: admin username for joomla
      ftp password: pw for joomla
      ftp root: blank

that's when I receive the error: JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port 21

When I tried changing it to:
      host: ftp.host.com
      host port: 21 (i don't know otherwise)
      username: my host.username
      password: my host pw
      ftp root: /htdocs/

I receive this message:

* JFTP::login: Unable to login
      * JFTP::write: Unable to use passive mode
      * JFTP::delete: Bad response
      * JFTP::write: Unable to use passive mode
      An Error has occurred! Unable to open configuration.php file to write!

Yes, this is the problem I'm having. With my own personal sites I can work around this. However, I have sites for clients where I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for them to manage their CMS. Being able to use their media manager would be the best beneficial purpose.

I'll check out those extensions. However, I'd also like to just get the ftp to work with the media manager so my clients can upload their images using the media manager. I must also say that it seems to be with my clients that I have referred Powweb as their hosting company. I other clients that useother hosting companies and I haven't even run into this problem.

When I check their global configs, they are using the default IP 127.0.0.1 with port 21 and their /public_html/ as the root dir. I checked their permissions on their configuration.php file and it is set to 444. I'm not sure about what these indicate yet.

Is their something I need to change in the php.ini file too? or the configuration.php?

As I am comparing the host companies set up with my different clients. I see that the other hosting companie's database accounts are set to localhost, where the problem host accounts all have to be set as username.hostmysql.com. This was necessary for me to get the databases to connect. That's why I'm thinking that this issue can or must be resolved through the php.ini file or the configuration.php file. I don't know. I'm guessing at this point. hahahah

• prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• "An Error has occurred! Unable to open configuration.php file to write!"

Have you tried CHMOD 646 on that file to see if it works? :)
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

• No I haven't. sorry for my ignorance, where is that changed? in the config.php file? or the permissions of the file? If there is a tutorial on the meaning of "CHMOD 646" can you direct me?

thanks Prim
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• It's about file permissions so when we say you need to CHMOD the file to 646 (or something else) then it is about read/write permissions. Check en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod

It's easy to change the permissions with a FTP client. If you for example right-click in FlashFXP and select CHMOD you will get this nice box:

klona.4t.com/v3.1/images/dreambox/flashfxp_chmod.gif

:)

• prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• And for the rest of your errors, please browse the Joomla forums :)

• Thanks Prim. I'll do that.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds