Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Moving to Gantry from different framework

• carrie
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Moving to Gantry from different framework

Posted 6 years 2 days ago
    • We are currently using the Helix framework on one of our sites but would like to move to a Rocket Theme template. Can anyone tell me what steps are involved in changing the framework? I can't find anything online.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Moving to Gantry from different framework

• I am not familiar with the Helix Framework. But when you change to Gantry your will also need to change templates as well. Then it's just a case of getting your articles and modules to show in the new template - so I don't forsee any major issues.

Also you have the choice of going for Gantry 4 (and it's templates) or Gantry 5 framework (with it's templates) - I'd recommend the latter.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • carrie
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thank you for the quick response. Am I right in thinking then that we would just uninstall Helix and install Gantry plus new template? All our articles, modules and extension settings would remain unchanged but that we would only have to adjust the 'style environment' in the new framework for columns, menus etc. and presumably change the module positions to match new template. We would not have to 'build' the site from scratch?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Your articles and modules will remain untouched. However, you may have to change the positions to which the modules are assigned and (if you use Gantry 5) you may also need to actually create those positions on the layout of your outline (simple drag and drop).

Also, if you choose to use Gantry 5 you may actually wish to use the new features of Gantry 5 to get the most out of it (you don't have to but it makes sense to do so).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds