Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

preg_replace("/(\?)/e&quo​t;,

• Tim Haas
    • Rocketeer

preg_replace("/(\?)/e&quo​t;,

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • I am getting virus warnings from my Virusdie software scan relating to preg_replace("/(\?)/e", in the following location in several of my websites.

joomla/libraries/rokcommon/Doctrine/Adapter/Statement/Oracle.php

How can I fix the issue with the depricated code?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: preg_replace("/(\?)/e&quo​t;,

• There's nothing wrong with that statement - it is a false positive and you should whitelist it.

What version of PHP are you using too?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Tim Haas
    • Rocketeer

• I am using PHP 7.

Anytime I get an error that indicates a security risk I get concerned. Naturally I like to try and have the tightest security possible on my websites.

While researching this, I found several posts online indicating it is a security issue. Here is a sample post:

"/e was a modifier to a pattern that PHP-Evaluated on the backreferences in a pattern. As you can imagine, such a thing was... sketchy to use at the best of times, and a downright security hole many other times. The number of uses for it would be incredibly small, and should be handled by other functions or in a better way."

Thank you for your input. My coding skills fall short of allowing me to understand this completly. I place my trust with your response. I use Rockettheme frequently and have always been very happy with your products.
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

Re: preg_replace("/(\?)/e&​;quo​t;,

• The file in question isn't in use and belongs to an external library. You can remove the file if you wish.
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT, Tim Haas

• Gantry 5, enjoy!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Tim Haas - hopefully that answer from @matias answers your query now?

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Tim Haas

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds