Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Homepage title doesn't show

• Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Homepage title doesn't show

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Hi there I've got an issue on a few of my sites where the meta title doesn't show on the homepage in Google's results.

It shows in the homepage on the site when you hover on the tab so I think it is working but I'm not entirely sure why Google is not showing the result.

Can anyone help me to understand the reason?

I've submitted my sitemap to Google Search Console
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Homepage title doesn't show

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• A gent as always, much obliged
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ask Google to recrawl your site via Google webmaster tools. There's nothing wrong with the title of meta description on your site.

Be aware that is google thinks it know better it will ignore what you put in those fields in favour of its own information - it's a complex thing to explain but if you look at google documentation then it does explain how it goes about this.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks for looking. I came to the same conclusion. I have resubmitted the sitemap but that hasn't helped. BUt fair enough, I'll see if anyone else has a different answer, and if not, assume that it is what it is.

Thanks again
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• If you google "google search results not showing corrrect title" you will see lots of explanations (including from google) that explains why in a lot of case google thinks it knows better and ignore what you put in title and description.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Eoin

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds