Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

[Closed] php 7.0 and Allowed memory size exhausted

• Yael
    • Jr. Rocketeer

[Closed] php 7.0 and Allowed memory size exhausted

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • Hello,

I have moved the website to thee newer hosting and it has php 7.0 instead of php 5.4
      I failed to run it the due to the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/bitrix/ext_www/mbfan.ru/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 272

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

php memory limit is set to 250 mb

Any help or eadvice are highly appreciated
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: [Closed] php 7.0 and Allowed memory size exhausted

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Yael
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hello,

I appreciate your quick reply

url mbfan.ru
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So this would tend to indicate that 256M is not enough for your particular site. Can you try to increase php memory_limit to 512M.

Also are you sure that all RT products are on latest versions (which are compatible with PHP 7)?

At the moment I can't even log into the Joomla backend to look at anything because of the error.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Yael
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• thank you.

Unfportunatelly it did not help

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/bitrix/ext_www/mbfan.ru/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 272

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

I am not sure it is the latest cersion. Is it possible to update only library that throws error? I just want to avoid site redesign or somehow update without significant work around?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So this is what I suggest... regress PHP version back to php 5.4... let me then login in to site and check what you have and advise if there is anything to be updated... then after any corrective action we can try again with php 7.x

Regards, Mark.
    • Yael
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you so much for help.
      I have transfered and switched the site DNS to server with older php version and site is working now. All credentials are the same. Maybe you need to flush dns to update dns faster

It possiblke to update everything that does not influence design significantly. But we made our design based on your template correctly and possibly it won't change even if update everything in template and template engine
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Oh wow this is a Joomla 2.5 site!

We no longer support Joomla 2.5 and neither do Joomla. Joomla 2.5 does not support php 7 either.

If you want to upgrade from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.x these are the steps to follow:

1. backup backup backup!
      2. make sure that you meet the system requirements for J3.x (min php 5.3.10).
      3. check that al RT products are on latest versions (gantry, rt extensions and template) update any that aren't and clear server cache and browser cache. Check that RT template you are using is compatible with Joomla 3.x http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates-compatibility-matrix . You can check all current version numbers in extension manager > manage. Please note if you are using "mission control" admin template that you need to uninstall this by following these special instructions http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/missioncontrol-joomla-admin-template/235181-important-information-about-uninstalling-mission-control .
      4. check all your third-party extensions are up to date and that they are compatible with J3.x
      5. test test test! to make sure anything you updated does still work ok
      6. backup backup backup!
      7. disable "system - remember me" plugin in extension manager > plugins
      8. update to J3.x and clear server and browser cache again.
      9. test test test!
      10. backup backup backup!
      11. re-enable "system - remember me" plugin.

Regards, Mark.
    • Yael
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Ok, will try now
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds