Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Customizing "Coming Soon" Page

• SOLVED Customizing "Coming Soon" Page

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • Greetings,
      I'm finally diving right in to learn the in's and outs of Joomla, Gantry and Rockettheme's. I've purchased and installed the joomla iridescent template on my site. I've been looking into how to customize countdown timer page. The material that I've looked at talks about modifying the comingsoon.php itself. I'm still a noob-level with coding at the php level, but from what I see its outputting a message from RT_COMINGSOON_MESSAGE?? Am I on the right track? Where do I go to customize the text itself? My Joomla installation is current, my site is hosted of off siteground.

OS Linux u
      PHP 7.1.8
      MySQLi 5.6.36-82.1-log
      Time 17:42
      Caching Disabled
      Gzip Enabled
      Users 1
      Articles 5
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Customizing "Coming Soon" Page

• RT_COMINGSOON_MESAGE is a language constant that your can easily change the contents of by creating an override for it in language manager. There is no need to change comingsoon.php unless you wish to change the structural elements of the page.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Daniel Fehrmann

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Customizing "Coming Soon" Page

• Thank you very much!! I went into the language file and was able to change what I needed!!! Very much appreciated!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Customizing "Coming Soon" Page

• There is no need to change the language file directly (in fact you shouldn't) you should create an override in Joomla language manager.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds