Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How do I fix "Missing Closing Tag" for Google Analytics

• How do I fix "Missing Closing Tag" for Google Analytics

Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    • Hi Guys & Girls,

After using JCH Optimize my Tag Assistant has picked up this error:

Missing closing tag
      When the Google Analytics JavaScript executes on your site, a call is made to load a larger file from google-analytics.com/urchin.js. This file is critical to Google Analytics data collection. This error denotes that the call to google-analytics.com/urchin.js was not made and the request is missing from the JavaScript.
      Omitting the call to urchin.js will prevent all Google Analytics data collection and will thus prevent any data from reporting in your account.
      Solution: Ensure that your Google Analytics script contains the full request to google-analytics.com/urchin.js. The script on your page should match the script that is generated in your account.

How do I fix this up? Is there any way to revert urchin.js to its original state? Which RocketTheme or other files are associated with Google Analytics that I can exclude, with regard to combining CSS and Javascript files?

My website is https://www.clarenceling.com

Hope you can help. Thank you.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Clarence Ling.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: How do I fix "Missing Closing Tag" for Google Analytics

Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    • Just tell JCH not to cache that file... Please consult the JCH docs for help with this
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds