Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How do I reverse the negative effects of JCH Optimize and use RokBooster?

• How do I reverse the negative effects of JCH Optimize and use RokBooster?

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Hi Guys and Girls,

I made a misstep when I bought and installed JCH Optimize. The website was indeed sped up, but as I have now found out, what I should have used was RokBooster. Some of the CSS got messed up and some features don't work anymore.

Now, I have a backup to revert to that is pre-JCH Optimize, but I've made a lot of changes and I'd like to keep them.

How do I reverse the effects of JCH Optimize and implement RokBooster properly?

My website is https://www.clarenceling.com .

Hope you can help. Thank you.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Clarence Ling.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: How do I reverse the negative effects of JCH Optimize and use RokBooster?

• JCH Optimize is just a plugin... just disable it and clear your caches and it will be doing nothing

JCH does have a nice debug feature that can help you identify which files don't like to be combined or compressed... if you have files (javascript mostly) that don't like to be combined or compressed it isn't going to be any better in RokBooster which does more or less the same thing

www.jch-optimize.net/documentation/resol...offending-files.html
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: How do I reverse the negative effects of JCH Optimize and use RokBooster?

• Hi Matt,

Thank you for your advice. The truth is, JCH Optimize is bringing me good results at a cost of certain RocketTheme features. A small price to pay. I was worried that JCH Optimize will do irreversible damage, I appreciate you allaying my fears.

I am curious though, for RocketTheme templates, is it better to load the combined CSS files after page load, or after initial paint?

Hope you can help.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Clarence Ling.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: How do I reverse the negative effects of JCH Optimize and use RokBooster?

• I'm honestly not sure what the different between initial page load and initial paint is... I'd say test test test and go with what looks visually best from a page load perspective... Our CSS is pretty well optimized already as we compile lean SCSS files into just a couple master/compressed CSS files
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds