Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla Site Name in Title Page Issue

• Joomla Site Name in Title Page Issue

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Hi Guys and Girls,

This isn't related directly to Rockettheme, but I am running Joomla on my websites and I'm running into a strange issue.

My Site Name is "CLASS Digital Marketing", however, Google picks it up as "Clarence Ling Administrative & Secretarial Services", which is correct in a sense, as it is my business name.

The issue is that after changing my Site Name in Page Titles to "After", a "site:clarenceling.com" check on Google shows two page titles, one before and after, both "CLASS Digital Marketing" and "Clarence Ling Administrative & Secretarial Services", which is not what I want.

I'm not sure if Google bot will resolve the issue automatically in due course, but if it does not happen, what should I do?

I hope you can help me. Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Joomla Site Name in Title Page Issue

• The before and after only affect how the title meta is presented so that's not really relevant here. Did you ask Google to recrawl your site after you made title changes?

But really this is nothing to do with any RT product.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Joomla Site Name in Title Page Issue

• Hi Mark,

No, I haven't asked for a recrawl. What's the easiest way to recrawl a whole website?

Hope you can help. Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Joomla Site Name in Title Page Issue

• Use Google webmaster tools and request a recrawl.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds