Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Corvus Rocketlauncher Quits at Finalisation

• Jason

Corvus Rocketlauncher Quits at Finalisation

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Hi, I've found a few topics that talk about this, but they all see to end without solving my problem. I'm installing the Rocketlauncher package for the Corvus theme. I get to the finalisation screen and all the pre-install checks are green - except for display errors. That is on. I hit the install button and it grinds away for a while showing a progress bar, that moves for a moment. Then the screen whites out a shade and the Joomla logo appears and cycles through for a few moments before vanishing, kicking me back to the finalisation screen as if nothing had happened.

The permissions on my root folder are 755
      I've installed plenty of Softalicious script created Joomla sites before on my server.
      I've tried both MySQL and MySQLi
      I'm not exactly new to this stuff, but I'm not really a web developer.

Can someone please help me figure this out?

Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Corvus Rocketlauncher Quits at Finalisation

• This will be because you have "display_errors = On" in your php.ini file. Change this to "display_errors = Off" and start again and it will then work. There is an amber warning shown about this on the list that joomla displays on installation (which should all be green).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Jason

• Thanks Mark. This stops the ejection to the original screen, but now the installer just runs forever. I've had it going for about an hour now. It's still running as I type this. What should I check next?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Now make sure that you meet the requirements:

System Requirements:

Apache 2.x or Microsoft IIS 7
      PHP support for the SQLite PDO driver
      PHP support for the MySQL PDO driver
      MySQL (5.0.4 or higher) with InnoDB support
      PHP support for PDO
      PHP support for GD2
      PHP 5.3.x and above (5.4.x and above for Gantry 5)

Also, if you are running Joomla 3.0, the minimum specs for Joomla 3.0 are found here http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=675&t=180131&rb_v=viewtopic -

Also make sure your php memory_limit is at least 128M

Also, Look in browser console and apache error log for any more clues.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Jason

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• https://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/technical-requirements.html

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds