Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Change "Read More" text by language

• Ed
    • Ed

Change "Read More" text by language

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,

I have an English/Spanish site set up. However, when I am using the "stripes" module (I have the Calisto theme for Joomla), it still says "Read More" I need it to auto change to spanish or I need to manually change it, but I can't find a setting. Please tell me where and how.

Thank you.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Ed.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Change "Read More" text by language

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Ed wrote:
      Hello,

I have an English/Spanish site set up. However, when I am using the "stripes" module (I have the Calisto theme for Joomla), it still says "Read More" I need it to auto change to spanish or I need to manually change it, but I can't find a setting. Please tell me where and how.

Thank you.

If your referring to the Strips module than to change the "Read More" text of Roksprocket, find this file "JOOMLA_ROOT\components\com_roksprocket\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_roksprocket.ini". Find
      READ_MORE="Read More"
      You can change the text there.
      An alternative option is to use Language Overrides. In the Admin of your site:
      1. go to "ADMIN -> Extensions > Language Manager > Overrides"
      2. Click the Overrides Tab and then click New
      3. Under "Search text you want to change", type in the text you want to edit. Ensure Value is selected, and then click Search. In our Example, we typed in "Read More". In the search results, might need to click "More Results"
      4. select the READ_MORE at the bottom of the list.
      5. the Language constant will appear in the upper left Language constant text input box.
      6. enter the text of your choice in the text area below it.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds