Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Changes to template via Templates Manager having no effect on site

• Changes to template via Templates Manager having no effect on site

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • I'm having issues with a site I'm working on, where any changes I make to the template via Templates Manager have no effect on the site. I can update the various template settings (like "Feature Background Image, for example) in Templates Manager and the changes will save, but they won't be reflected on the site.

I'm using Joomla 3.6.2, Paradigm template. Permissions for folders and files are set to 755 and 644. PHP mode is fastcgi. Everything else on the site appears to be working fine.

I'm pretty sure it's a permissions issue because when I change everything to 777, the site works as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Suggestions?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Changes to template via Templates Manager having no effect on site

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "General > configuration and Security" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Make sure that you have cleared browser and server cache. If you are using a CDN turn that off and clear the cache on that too. Also check with your host to see if they have any other form of caching on your server too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds