Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Can we switch names of the module positions?

• Can we switch names of the module positions?

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • Just curious to know...

Using Joomla 1.0.13 and several RocketTheme templates...

If I went into the template HTML and switched the names of the module positions to make them more consistent from one template to another, would that work or screw things up?

For example, a template has USER1 and USER8. Can I change the code so USER8 replaces USER1 and USER1 replaces USER8?

Any pitfalls to watch out for?

Thanks!
    • Rick
      Columbus, Ohio
  • Re: Can we switch names of the module positions?

• Hello Rick,

For the most part, you can just change the module position names in the index.php and that will do the trick. Now, depending on the template and the module positions in question, there may be some helper files that need to be changed as well (such as "rt_utils.php" in some of the newer templates for example).

• :) That was a very helpful answer! Thank you.

Now I'm going out on limb here to see how far I can stretch this subject! ;D

If I have a serveral RocketTheme templates and I want to make the number of modules and the module positions and names in all of them the same, but just have different template styles etc., can I cut and paste some code from one and overlay the code in the others?

I can feel the eye rolling going on! ::)

If this could be done, can you describe wihich files and code would be involved?

Again I appreciate the time and help in this great forum! ;)
    • Rick
      Columbus, Ohio

• I don't think that procedure isn't as simple as you expect. There isn't just the index.php code which dictates the look, but the CSS as well.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds