Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Changing the size of the Default Font

• Changing the size of the Default Font

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • It seems that changing the size of the default font (and where did all the "normal" fonts go?) is a deep-dark secret. I've spent almost 2 hours going through all the forums and found one that said to add some custom code to a particular file but that didn't work because it was apparently written for an older version.

I have been through all the fonts and now know how to install Google fonts (still can't find the standard fonts like Verdana or Tahoma) but I cannot find how to change the DEFAULT SIZE of the font to be 1.1 or 1.2 bigger than "normal"?

I get that there are overrides everywhere but I have 500 pages of text on the website and a VERY tight deadline and I really need some help to accomplish (what I thought was) a simple task? (The template happens to be Ambrosia but Calisto was the same thing.)TIA.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Changing the size of the Default Font

• Even in Gantry 4 the Base font setting affected for the most part paragraph text in articles. As you mentioned modules have their own font styling which overrides the base font settings.

We should be able to write a general enough CSS rule to affect most of your text. Do you have a link?
  • Re: Changing the size of the Default Font

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to DanG, moderators and administrators
  • Re: Changing the size of the Default Font

• I may have a handle on this after some experimentation. I figured out that I don't have to use Google Fonts and have coded my own font styles in the option. This makes it must more readable, particularly as our Club has a fairly large population of people over 70.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Changing the size of the Default Font

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I am sorry that we missed your reply on this occasion. It is rare but it does happen. Do you still require assistance?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds