Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hundreds of RokGallery error messages. What to do?

• Hundreds of RokGallery error messages. What to do?

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • My Joomla (with Lumiere template) site has been under attack for the better part of the past three months by mostly Russians and Chinese intently looking to sell sex toys wherever they can. Anyway, in my site's logs folder I have a file called rokcommon.php which is filled with literally thousands of error messages that look like this:
      2016-02-06T20:32:48+00:00	NOTICE 173.70.142.128	rokcommon	Directory /home/content/m/y/w/mywebsite/html/components/com_rokgallery/lib does not exist.  Unable to add to Class Loader 
      2016-02-06T20:32:48+00:00	NOTICE 173.70.142.128	rokcommon	Unable to find registered container config file rokgallery at /home/content/m/y/w/mywebsite/html/components/com_rokgallery/container.xml
      2016-02-06T20:34:24+00:00	NOTICE 180.76.15.143	rokcommon	Directory /home/content/m/y/w/mywebsite/html/components/com_rokgallery/lib does not exist.  Unable to add to Class Loader 
      2016-02-06T20:34:24+00:00	NOTICE 180.76.15.143	rokcommon	Unable to find registered container config file rokgallery at /home/content/m/y/w/mywebsite/html/components/com_rokgallery/container.xml

I don't have RokGallery installed on my site so I'm not sure why this error is coming up. Some IP addresses (like the 173 address above) are legitimate; that 173 address is my current IP address. Other addresses are not; that 180 address comes from one of my Chinese attackers. When I first noticed this issue, rokcommon.php was a 1.3GB text file.

Why is this error being generated, and how can I fix it?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Hundreds of RokGallery error messages. What to do?

• Rokcommon is a library of code we created to support RokGallery & RokSprocket.
      Not dealing with the hack issue you can perform a RokCommon repair.

Please see this guide on help to uninstall RokCommon Repairing a broken site after an update of RokCommon

Once this is done and RokCommon is OFF your system than keep checking your access logs for calls to RokCommon. If there are any than DELETE those files.

After everything is cleaned up and if your running RokSprocket than just reinstall a freshly downloaded current version of RokSprocket.
  • Re: Hundreds of RokGallery error messages. What to do?

• Thanks, but it looks like that guide is behind a pay wall. I get 403'd.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Steve Godun.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Steve the Mac Guy wrote:
      Thanks, but it looks like that guide is behind a pay wall. I get 403'd.

Hmm...If I go to http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-extensions I see
      These forums are READ-ONLY for Guests, and only current RocketTheme club members can post. If you are not a member, please look at joining the RocketTheme Extensions club to get access to our newest extensions and be able to post in these forums.

so I would assume you should be able to see that. I'll ask about this.

• Thanks. I'm still getting 403'd as of this writing.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Steve the Mac Guy wrote:
      Thanks. I'm still getting 403'd as of this writing.

Extension & Template specific questions should not be posted in the "General Discussion", "Configuration and Security" or "Free Stuff" forums. You should post in the appropriate forum of the Extension or Template.
      So while some of our Templates and ALL of our Extensions are free, the Support is not. These forums are for members who have a current PAID membership and our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • So I understand properly: I paid a subscription awhile back in order to get the template that I'm using, but apparently I paid for a broken/defective template and I need to pay more to have the fix made available to me.

Helluva business model you've got going on there. Makes me really want to recommend you to the world.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Steve the Mac Guy - I am sorry that we missed your post on this occasion. It is rare but it does happen. Do you still require assistance?

Support does require a current active subscription and your subscription has expired.

In what way do you think that you have a "broken/defective template"? It sounds like your site has been hacked and your should install a good security product to prevent that from happening (e.g. RSFirewall or Akeeba Admin Tools Pro).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds