Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

User interaction impeded or delayed

• User interaction impeded or delayed

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Frankly, I'm getting frustrated using Template Manager in Gantry 5. I installed the Xenon template and tried do some simple changes, like for instance changing the logo. My frustration concerns not being able to get a normal response or a user interaction that's processed smoothly. To give you an idea what happens:
      - 9 times out of 10, my clicks are responded with an empty pop-up. I told you about this in a previous post.
      - I have to click, reclick and click on different elements in the screen and then return to the part I want to edit, to get access to the screens or pop-ups where settings or changes can be made.

Quite frankly, I can't work like this, it's taking too much time. I told Mr T about the empty pop-ups and gave him access to my development site. If he would be so kind as to have a look, and start clicking around, I'm pretty sure he'll get annoyed in 10 seconds.

I'm using Chrome 48, Gantry 5.2.9, Joomla 3.4.8
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by BlueGear.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: User interaction impeded or delayed

• So, I have looked at your site and I do get the same issues as you reported when using the filepicker. But... I also keep getting lots of "connection reset" messages which is usually a result of timeouts which is a server configuration matter. I suspect that this is what is happening on the JSON calls (which filepicker uses) - if you look at the browser console when trying to use the filepicker you will see that the JSON calls are failing... (no error message though - they just go red).

So, I really believe that this is a server configuration matter, but I will ask one of our DEVS to have a look to see if they can make some suggestions that will narrow it down for you. My guess is if you backed up this site and then used it locally on MAMP or WAMP or XAMPP you would find that it worked perfectly, again confirming my suspicion that this is a server configuration matter (you might like to try this if you can, I suggest using Akeeba backup and Akeeba kickstart).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So, our DEVS have looked at your site and have asked if you can repeat the issue and immediately after look in apache error log to see if there are any more clues in there. We can see the JSON calls just stop mid-flight which suggest possible PHP or APACHE crash/restart.

Also, could you also try disabling opcache on your php too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I have also raised a bug ticket about this too https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/1136 .

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: User interaction impeded or delayed

• Hi Mark,
      I saw your question on github, my tech team advised met to switch off Zend OPcache in .htacesss in public.html:
      "php_flag opcache.enable Off"

This seems to work, the popup disappears, I can access/click all elements in the Template Manager now.

I will also check out your other suggestions and get back to you later.

Thnx for your suggestions and support!
      Kind regards,
      Theo
    • GtB

• I have the same problem. Tried turning off the Opcache, but still have empty responses and now I dont even seem to be able to access the layout tabs in the template manager anymore. Still get empty line popups :-(
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Hi,

have you tried to refresh the page first and then open the popup that gave you the 'empty line' again?
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• GtB - it's best to stick to your own topic with the comments about your issue... http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-template-callisto/254840-blank-line-when-saving-or-opening-template-settings . From what you wrote there you turned off opcache in htaccess.txt - this should be renamed to .htaccess for it to have any effect - please do this.

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• BlueGear - Thank you for reporting back. Ok, so that does seem to confirm that OPCACHE is the cause of the issue. Our DEVS are still looking into this though so I will report back any other findings. Can you report back if you find anything else too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by MrT.
    • Alain.D
    • Rocketeer
    • DEV & Jazz

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds