Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

trojan on Populus?

• Re: trojan on Populus?

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • I set rokzoom as false, as we don't really use it anyway. I am not getting any errors now, but I wasn't always getting them before. Can someone go to the site www.dixiedirttv.com and see if you get any errors now with this turned off. If there are still errors I'll keep commenting out javascript until I find it. Thanks again for all of your help!

• I use the latest version of both CB and Joom however my CB does not work properly so registration is default. reg

it has somthing sto do with the SEO features i use, it blocks the cb register. and if i turn the SEO features off then my site does not work properly because of the urls change.
    • Toni
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Delivering team building events, website development and a serious passion for photography

Re: trojan on Populus?

• I have found this topic interesting.

About 4 months ago I installed a template for a client (not Rocket Theme-sorry guys) and decided last month to take a peek at it. As soon as the site opened I discovered my clients site had been replaced with a French gamling site! Quite simply, it had been hacked! I contacted the host and had the back up re-installed and they informed me that many folders were set to 777 and files were also set wrong which left serious security issues. You can imagine how stupid I felt to have forgotten that!

After changing all the folders and files eveything seemed fine but I too noticed sometimes the page would freeze and I'd have to restart my pc! Furthermore I had a virus warning and decided to go into the html files! What I found made me so angry! There were numerous added files containing code, email addresses and websites! Although the site had been reinstalled from back up and I had changed the security; coding had already been inserted and also scripting pasted into the base of the index.php. I spent all day going through each folder compairing it to the orignal sample template downloaded and deleting what shouldn't be there. The site now loads super fast without any problems!

I am wondering if perhaps you are having the same issues. I understand the feeling you must have regarding your site and hope you are able to solve this issue.

Toni

added: I wrote above that I found suspicious scripting at the base of my index.php; suspicious as I could not find it on any other template I had installed or used and when I deleted it (including added files) everything was perfect. I noticed on viewing your page in Firefox view source you have exactly the same as I had at the base after </html><!-- 1200918612 -->

I'd appreciate anyone here with more experienced than myself to perhaps throw a little light on this!
    • Last Edit: 16 years 2 months ago by Toni.
    • Sometimes it's just not worth chewing the straps to get free!

• This is interesting... thank you for the reply. I had this happen a while back as well with another site that I designed. I am wondering if in fact it is the same thing here. Is there a way to just grab the html for the index.php to this template and simply paste it over top of the current index? Thanks!
    • Toni
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Delivering team building events, website development and a serious passion for photography

• What I did Bradly was delete everything after the </html><!-- 1200918612 --> at the base of the index.php On looking at your page source it looks fine! There is nothing added! It is however at the base of the movieago website!

I didn't need to do any pasting. Do bear in mind to check your security folders change to 755 and files change to 644 including looking for files that may have been added.

I would like more feedback from someone else here to confirm this.

Toni

• interesting, I would like to hear more about this as well....
    • GollumX
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Guys, no need to worry about
      <!-- 1200918612 -->

AFAIK It's just a time-stamp.
    • Say no to Internet Explorer 6.
      twitter.com/mark_up
    • Toni
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I know this is ok <!-- 1200918612 --> I have this on all sites. It was all the added scripting that followed this on my hacked site!! Take a look at the 'view page source' on the movieago website at the base folowing <!-- 1200918612 --> . This is what I had and deleted (including loads of added files) which now loads fine.

Toni

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds