Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

• Re: Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

Posted 16 years 1 week ago
    • Matthew S Duncan wrote:
      Just to let everyone know... I had errors with TinyMCE and unpublished it. Tried using JCE but had fatal errors with it. Then tried JoomlaFCK editor and it works fine and I'm pretty sure you can adjust the settings in it as well so it won't strip extra css. Maybe this will help anyone that are getting errors using TinyMCE. Let me know if I am wrong about adjusting the settings.

Not sure what you mean by "errors".

I tried FCK too but if I recall correctly, the picture properties box would not allow uploading or something along those lines. It has been a while so my recall my be wrong. I went back to JCE.
      I also could not get FCK to get the correct styles either and not sure if the support from the author was that helpful. Overall, JCE works pretty well for me. Never got any "errors" with it.
    • Rick
      Columbus, Ohio

Posted 15 years 11 months ago
    • Hi I am a new member, I am having a problem with any editor I use, it will not allow the info in the pop up windows to show. for example:
      If I click on insert an image a blank pop-up comes up. Any Idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Posted 15 years 11 months ago
    • Brandon J Giuffre wrote:
      Hi I am a new member, I am having a problem with any editor I use, it will not allow the info in the pop up windows to show. for example:
      If I click on insert an image a blank pop-up comes up. Any Idea how to fix this?

This is a shot in the dark, but try using it with and without "www" on your URL. For example, if your "live site" address is " www.mysite.com " and you bring up the website with "mysite.com" it might affect how the editor appears. It happened to me.

Also try the joomla.org forum.

Thanks.
    • Rick
      Columbus, Ohio
    • Daniel W.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

Posted 15 years 10 months ago
    • thanks for the post!!!
    • Last Edit: 15 years 10 months ago by .

Posted 15 years 9 months ago
    • Thanks for the tip andy.
      But Im using terran tribute and it does solve my problems, but creates one other...
      For some reason the readmore code no longer functions. The code is still there and is correct, but it makes a
      visible line instead of breaking the page as a read more....

Heres the read more code Im using- <HR id=system-readmore>

Any idea why?

Posted 15 years 9 months ago
    • OK, I've zeroed into that its changing the HR from hr and automatically capitalizing the HR in the read more code?
      Is there a way I can make it not do that
    • Saint

Posted 15 years 8 months ago
    • hello,
      using an editor like NVU or whatever is, you just need to insert in the code the directory of images (considering the folder where they are located in jomla) , once you paste it in joomla, it will work perfect.

any quuestion ?? raise your hand ! oh ! no question !?
      ok, great !!!
    • Netito
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 15 years 6 months ago
    • Roger that! Thank you, you guys rock [etTheme]!!

Posted 15 years 4 months ago
    • Andy Miller wrote:
      NOTE: Ok, I feel like a real idiot for not finding this out sooner, but that's partly because I never use a WYSIWYG and therefore have not really played with it much.

We traditionally tell people to turn OFF their WYSIWYG editor when editing custom scripts, or typography or whatever because these editors strip out extra css classes, javascript etc. Well, I just discovered that with TinyMCE at least you can disable this 'feature'. Just go to Mambots -> Site Mambots in your joomla administrator, then click on the "TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor" link. In the properties, set the "Code Cleanup" radio button to "Off".

Voila, you can now just switch to the HTML mode in the editor, add any classes you need, and they wont be stripped out like they usually are.

Joomla 1.5:

Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager and select TinyMCE2.0

On the right for the "Code Clean-up on Save" select "Never"

See image below

thanks fot the tip, I am using joomla 1.5 and I can not get any pics to rotator anyway:

- I have turned off wisiwig editor and it does not work
      - I turned onTinyMCE2.0 editor, set up the configuration you mentioned and it does not work as well

this code <!--IMAGE images/stories/lego/rotator-3.jpg IMAGE--> is always removed after saving

do you have any tips? thanks in advance..

Posted 15 years 4 months ago
    • BRILLIANT, YAHOO and thank the joomla gods and yoy andy!

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds