Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

• Re: Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

Posted 16 years 3 months ago
    • I am using the latest English version of Joomla-1.5....doesn't the tinyMce in this version do this?

Thanks.
    • Ian Beer
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

Posted 16 years 3 months ago
    • It's under Extensions/Plugin Manager, select TinyMCE, look under Plugin Parameters on the right hand side of the page.

Posted 16 years 1 month ago
    • I am using the JCE editor but am very frustrated with it. I struggle just to get a simple format like a unordered list. Is this the best editor to use?

My clients will be using an editor to manage content on thier websites. There has to be something that works a lot better. I am sure I have a lot more to learn. Are there any tutorials? Should I point JCE to a specific .CSS file in the template folders? Etc.
    • Rick
      Columbus, Ohio
    • patrick
    • Rocketeer

• Rick Parsons wrote:
      I am using the JCE editor but am very frustrated with it. I struggle just to get a simple format like a unordered list. Is this the best editor to use?

My clients will be using an editor to manage content on thier websites. There has to be something that works a lot better. I am sure I have a lot more to learn. Are there any tutorials? Should I point JCE to a specific .CSS file in the template folders? Etc.

Disable any editor. Download Kompozer or Nvu , install it in PC then paste the text there. Arrange it as you whish. Look @ the source and delete everything including the tag <body>. Go to bottom of the source and delete </body> </html>

Then paste the code in the joomla. ;)
    • Last Edit: 16 years 1 month ago by patrick.

• Re: Disable any editor. Download Kompozer or Nvu , install it in PC then paste the text there. Arrange it as you whish. Look @ the source and delete everything including the tag <body>. Go to bottom of the source and delete </body> </html>

Then paste the code in the joomla
      =======================
      I appreciate this suggestion.

But being an external editor, would I lose the ability to use RocketTheme typography? Or can I point this external editor to a .css file to pick up the typography?

Also, how would .jpg, .png etc. images be handled since they are pasted as opposed to being selected from the root image folders in Joomla.

I am not sure if I can ask my clients to do this when they want to edit content. They need a simple in page editor that works!

Thank you!
    • Last Edit: 16 years 1 month ago by Rick Parsons.
    • Rick
      Columbus, Ohio
    • patrick
    • Rocketeer

• Rick Parsons wrote:
      Re: Disable any editor. Download Kompozer or Nvu , install it in PC then paste the text there. Arrange it as you whish. Look @ the source and delete everything including the tag <body>. Go to bottom of the source and delete </body> </html>

Then paste the code in the joomla
      =======================
      I appreciate this suggestion.

But being an external editor, would I lose the ability to use RocketTheme typography? Or can I point this external editor to a .css file to pick up the typography?

I am not sure if I can ask my clients to do this when they want to edit content. They need a simple in page editor that works!

well the external editor is just for u to arrange the pages not for the clients. sorry

• Again, thanks for your suggestion.
    • Rick
      Columbus, Ohio

• [url=http://But%20being%20an%20external%20editor,%20would%20I%20lose%20the%20ability%20to%20use%20RocketTheme%20typography?]But being an external editor, would I lose the ability to use RocketTheme typography?[/url]

We don't use an editor to enable RT typography. You are using dropdowns in JCE that will not work.

You need to completely disable your editor in order for it to show up.

Site > Global Configuration > No WYSIWYG editor

Users > "You" > No WYSIWYG editor.

Then enter this into the blank white box at the bottom of your content or module:
      <ul><li class="check1">Typography is fun</li>
      &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;  <li class="check1">Typography is cool</li></ul>

Use the available typography for the template off the demo sites.

• Mike VanKirk wrote:
      [url=http://But%20being%20an%20external%20editor,%20would%20I%20lose%20the%20ability%20to%20use%20RocketTheme%20typography?]But being an external editor, would I lose the ability to use RocketTheme typography?[/url]

We don't use an editor to enable RT typography. You are using dropdowns in JCE that will not work.

You need to completely disable your editor in order for it to show up.

Site > Global Configuration > No WYSIWYG editor

Users > "You" > No WYSIWYG editor.

Then enter this into the blank white box at the bottom of your content or module:
      <ul><li class="check1">Typography is fun</li>
      &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <li class="check1">Typography is cool</li></ul>

Use the available typography for the template off the demo sites.

WOW! Not being able to use an editor is a complete surprise. I could code some simple lists as shown above. But I do not know HTML and was relying on being able to use an editor!

What about images, tables, colored font etc, etc....Do I have to do this by hand too if I want to insert RT Typography at certain points?

I feel like a tool has been taken away from me...and i'm back in the 1970's coding by hand! :(

Question: I assumed the editors were supposed to pick up the typography from
      www.mydomain.net/templates/rt_versatilit...mplate_css.css.  ; Is this not true? If I point the editor there, it seems to pick up some of the typography but not all.

Thank you for your reply. Not what I was expecting but I appreciate your help!
    • Last Edit: 16 years 1 month ago by Rick Parsons.
    • Rick
      Columbus, Ohio
    • mashdun
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 16 years 1 week ago
    • Just to let everyone know... I had errors with TinyMCE and unpublished it. Tried using JCE but had fatal errors with it. Then tried JoomlaFCK editor and it works fine and I'm pretty sure you can adjust the settings in it as well so it won't strip extra css. Maybe this will help anyone that are getting errors using TinyMCE. Let me know if I am wrong about adjusting the settings.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds