Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Yor site has been hacked - False Alarm -

Yor site has been hacked - False Alarm -

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • Rockettheme themes sites have been hacked.

"If it's the one that tries to get you to allow "Microsoft Data Access-Remote Data Services Dat " when using IE, it's probably the same one from a few months back that someone hit the site with. Hopefully, the newer users are informed enough to know somethings up and not enable it."

Check your index.php and permissions
    • Last Edit: 16 years 2 months ago by Andy Miller.
    • GollumX
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Yor site has been hacked - False Alarm -

• eh? I don't see any evidence of a hacking. Please post a screen shot of whatever it is you see.
    • Say no to Internet Explorer 6.
      twitter.com/mark_up

• This is an IE7 exploit and it is not from Microsoft. I'm sure most of you admins and such on the site are using MACS with Firefox or whatever so you won't see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Google It.

• I've checked from another machine and it seems to be OK. I have Kaspersky running full time so I'm checking but so far nothing.

It could very will be I am mistaken and I've gotten something on my system.

I would find that hard to believe especially how careful I am regarding these things.

Updates coming.
    • Leckenby
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Well I am using IE7, and dont get anything like that...
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I think this is either a case of a false positive, or you have something on your own machine. I checked with IE7 and don't get anything like that. Also i've checked the source, and there is no reference either directly or via scripts to anything like that.
    • Bob Ateah
    • Elite Rocketeer

• gmeleski wrote:
      It could very will be I am mistaken and I've gotten something on my system.

I would find that hard to believe especially how careful I am regarding these things.
      No offense, but if you are careful about these things then you really wouldn't be using IE to surf IMHO - too insecure - just surfing to the "wrong" site can cause you to be infected.

I tried IE6 and IE7 and I didn't get anything like that here - it must be a local infection pal - go to:
      www.trendmicro.com and do a free full online scan - let us know what it finds! Btw - keep running the online scan until you are completely clean.
    • The member formerly known as Roland Deschain
      After your question is solved, please Edit your original post and choose the Solved message icon, thank you!

• Roland Deschain wrote:
      No offense, but if you are careful about these things then you really wouldn't be using IE to surf IMHO - too insecure - just surfing to the "wrong" site can cause you to be infected.

I tried IE6 and IE7 and I didn't get anything like that here - it must be a local infection pal - go to:
      www.trendmicro.com and do a free full online scan - let us know what it finds! Btw - keep running the online scan until you are completely clean.

Regarding the IE7 versus Fireox or whatever. Firefox and other browsers are a small percentage compared with IE. I too like Firefix but still use IE because it is the mainstream.

As far a Trend Micro goes, please revue the chart below:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I feel there is something else going on here and will be looking into it.

Gary
  • Re: Yor site has been hacked - False Alarm -

• Have you checked your IE7 add-ons for anything suspicious? Extra tools and helpers that may have crept in?
      Also good idea to check what add-ons that run without requiring permission, and activeX controls.....
      Numerous people have tried to receive the message you were getting with similar equipment/OS/Browser to no avail...
      Another good idea is to take a peek at your running processes to see if there are any strange ones...if you are unsure of certain processes just "google it" for more info.

See screens just in case you are unfamiliar with these browser tool settings....
    • Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

• SureLurksalot wrote:
      Have you checked your IE7 add-ons for anything suspicious? Extra tools and helpers that may have crept in?
      Also good idea to check what add-ons that run without requiring permission, and activeX controls.....
      Numerous people have tried to receive the message you were getting with similar equipment/OS/Browser to no avail...
      Another good idea is to take a peek at your running processes to see if there are any strange ones...if you are unsure of certain processes just "google it" for more info.

Thank you I have tried that. Don't really see anything out of the ordinary there.

Well, I'll continue to check this out, but all indications are it is not a serious thing. Sure would be nice to know what is
      actually going on there though.

Gotta get some work done inbetween checking this out.

Thanks for the continuing help and sorry about the "False" virus report.

Gary Meleski

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds