Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

logs/rokcommon.php size is growing unwanted

• logs/rokcommon.php size is growing unwanted

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Dear Team!

We have a site which is running with chapelco.
      In logs/rokcommon.php I have the following errors:
      Directory /home/alpeadrialinephp/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/lib does not exist. Unable to add to Class Loader
      Unable to find registered container config file rokgallery at /home/alpeadrialinephp/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/container.xml

First thing is we don't have installed rokgallery.
      Second thing is the NOTICE is written to log file for every click on the website.

Needless to say that this let grow the size of the file unwanted.
      The current size was about 1/2 gigabyte!! within a timeframe of 1/2 year!

What can we do to get rid of this messages?

Best regards Daniel
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: logs/rokcommon.php size is growing unwanted

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Ok first of all - you can just delete that log file. But, you do need to resolve why that error is occuring otherwise the log file will be reinstated and just keep growing again.

Make sure that all RT products are up-to-date (backup before updating anything), clear server and browser cache after you have updated.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.
      Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Barkley
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Was this ever resolved? I'm having the exact same issue. RokGallery is NOT installed yet the rokcommon.php file keeps showing the same error as below and had grown to 2Gb in size! How do I stop the constant error log updates?

Thanks!
    • Visit our pet magazine at www.barkleyandpaws.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Barkley - it's always best to raise you own topic rather than posting in another member's four month old dormant topic, otherwise we might miss your post completely.

1. Rokcommon is share by rokgallery and roksprocket (both require it) so if you don't have rokgallery installed do you actually have roksprocket installed?
      2. What does the error message say exactly in the log file - i.e. that the thing you have to solve not hte fact that the log file is building up in size.
      3. As I stated above the log file can be deleted.
      4. if you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you. Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Barkley
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Sorry about posting here. I always thought you preferred that people search for other posts so you don't have the same issue repeated multiple times.

Anyway to answer your question YES I am running roksprocket and NO I am not running rokgallery. I don't have any plugins for the gallery running either.

Here is the error message that keeps repeating:

#Fields: datetime priority clientip category message
      2015-10-10T14:20:34+00:00 NOTICE xx.xx.xx.xx rokcommon Directory /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/lib does not exist. Unable to add to Class Loader
      2015-10-10T14:20:36+00:00 NOTICE xx.xx.xx.xx rokcommon Directory /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/lib does not exist. Unable to add to Class Loader
      2015-10-10T14:20:36+00:00 NOTICE xx.xx.xx.xx rokcommon Unable to find registered container config file rokgallery at /home/barkley/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/container.xml
      2015-10-10T14:20:36+00:00 NOTICE xx.xx.xx.xx rokcommon Unable to find registered container config file rokgallery at /home/barkley/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/container.xml

You will not be able to log into the admin side because my site is behind a proxy firewall and only my whitelist IP is allow access to the admin folder for secuirity reasons. I can log into the firewall and add your IP if it is static...

I did install rokgallery on my dev site and the errror messages disappeared as expected. I could give you access to that site to see if you can find something if you think that would help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes we do prefer that you search on the forums first to try and find an answer. But, if the answer is not there then raise you own topic rather than posting in an old dormant topic.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Barkley
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks. Actually I installed RokGallery and then uninstalled and all the errors now have stopped. Something possibly updated during the install / uninstall but anyway that fixed the issue!

Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok - maybe you weren't using the latest version of roksprocket then?

Anyway glad you got it resolved :)

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds