Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Sudden error "Stylesheet is missing." but no theme files touched

• KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

Sudden error "Stylesheet is missing." but no theme files touched

Posted 9 years 5 days ago
    • My default theme is always RocketTheme. After accidentally clicked on Appearance/Themes where I meant to select RocketTheme admin tab, then Wordpress returned "You are not authorized to..." I then back arrowed browser back to console and RocketTheme admin menu item tab disappeared from access. Upon browsing to Appearance/Themes my default RocketTheme was replaced by WP default theme and my default RocketTheme was at the bottom as "Broken Theme" and "Stylesheet is missing."

I checked files and dates and found no files were updated or changed. I then restored from my previous theme backup of default RocketTheme and it remains in Broken Theme list. WP is confused. This has to be a database problem because no file in my RocketTheme was altered as revealed in FTP and my File Manager. Where in the database do I locate and correct this back to my RocketTheme so WP doesn't keep thinking my theme is broken? Thanks.
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

Re: Sudden error "Stylesheet is missing." but no theme files touched

• Or this could be a simple cache issue. I don't hae any cache plugins unless a 3rd party plugin has a cache feature I'm unaware of. Still trying to figure out what happened here to lock me out of my default RocketTheme. Any help is welcomed. Thanks.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 days ago by KittyJ. Reason: spelling
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

Re: Sudden error "Stylesheet is missing." but no theme files touched

• Think I figured it out. I selected for default and cleared cache on a secondarily installed RocketThemes theme. WP or Gantry was looking for a style.css in the themes folder with theme headers. It somehow got corrupted or locked. It should be accessible in the theme's folder and have this inside for the specific theme. Hope this helps someone else in the future.
      /*
      Theme Name: Vermilion
      Theme URI: http://www.rockettheme.com
      Description: RocketTheme Vermilion Theme for Wordpress
      Version: 1.0
      Author: RocketTheme, LLC
      Author URI: http://www.rockettheme.com
      */

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds