Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

First time user running into a few issues with installing template

• First time user running into a few issues with installing template

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hello guys, I'm fairly new to CMS in general let alone joomla which is what I'm using. I purchased a template from this site and proceded with the setup. I installed gantry and then attempted to install the template. I had to edit the installation xml file <Install> = <Extension> to even get the template to install. After the copmletion of the installation I refresh my index page and I receive the following errors:

Notice: Undefined index: in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\gantry\gantry.php on line 126

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\gantry\gantry.php on line 207

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\gantry\gantry.php on line 267

I'm at a loss of what to do next as my googlefoo has dried up and am completely perplexed. Any and all help would be appreciated, thank you!
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: First time user running into a few issues with installing template

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • You should never need to change the Gantry core files...

Anyway, if you have the latest versions of Gantry, template and the latest stable Joomla it should be fine.

The only times i have seen such errors it has been caused by:

Virtuemart and multi-language or template overrides.
      Joomla multi-language or other plugins with such features.

What happens if you re-download Joomla, Gantry and the template and install on a newly created database and use PHP5.5 or 5.6?

If that doesn't work, can you try to install a Rocketlauncher?
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds