Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cloudfront as a CDN for Joomla!

• Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Cloudfront as a CDN for Joomla!

Posted 9 years 4 weeks ago
    • Hi all,

I'm probably about to ask a really stupid question but I was always told if you ask once you'll feel stupid once, if you never ask you remain stupid forever.

I'm trying to get NoNumbers CDN plugin to work. So far I have all of the images working and some of the CSS. Where I run into problems is with items such as cdn-media.squareballoon.co.uk/libraries/...ngines.js?1424193229

Basically anything with a query on the end of it. I've set up CloudFront to forward Queries, but that hasn't solved the issue.

I'm sure someone out there has done this in the past, can anyone help me?

Eoin
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Cloudfront as a CDN for Joomla!

Posted 9 years 4 weeks ago
    • I'm not sure I understand the setup or what you're trying to accomplish... hows it relate back to the page/template loading something...? Perhaps your question is best asked of the NoNumbers guys?

I also definitely don't understand your issue... what do you mean by "query" and the forwarding of queries... please provide an example of what functionality is actually failing... how you got to where you're at essentially

//there's no problem statement :whistle:
    • Last Edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
    • Sorry for my jumbled way of asking for help. I now have it mostly working.

The only thing that is not working with the CDN is the fonts.

I've tried the advice of NoNumber but it doesn't work.
      How can I keep using @font-face styles when using a CDN?

Try adding this to your .htaccess file:

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|ttc|otf|eot|woff)$">
      <IfModule mod_headers.c>
      Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
      </IfModule>
      </FilesMatch>

If that doesn't work, you can make CDN for Joomla! ignore your @fontface css files.

Place all your& @font-face declarations in a separate css file called font.css.

Then just place font.css in the 'Ignore Files' field.

Now the font.css file will e served from your own website instead of the CDN server.

The fonts still show as replacements. I.e. no Font Awesome and no Google Fonts.

Interestingly the home button seems to show a home symbol. Which then leads me to ask... how can I tell which version of Font Awesome is being used?

I think the problem is caused by RocketTheme referencing the fonts relatively, but the CDN obviously doesn't have the fonts in those locations. I think an absolute link would fix it.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Eoin.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Yeah, I'm not really sure... I'd say keep following the advice of the plugin developers.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Well that hasn't worked, so my option is to try new stuff. Thought I'd ask here. Never mind I'll keep searching, if I find an answer I'll post it.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds