Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to change the background "preset" image Osmosis

• Taboga
    • Sr. Rocketeer

How to change the background "preset" image Osmosis

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • I have deleted the background image in the media manager and uploaded an image with the same preset name-all I get is that preset back.
      I don't want to change any of the FP Top A functions, I just need to change the major background I have been trying everything for the last 4 days. I don't know why, but none of my images work, and I can't get them where I need them??? I tried using RokGallery too, same outcome. It seems like the preset images can not be deleted - or when I do they just come back like a big pain in the neck

I used to build Joomla sites like eating candy. I have been away for 3 years and the templates have changed so much, I am LOST!
    • Jani Larsen
      Become a Master online
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: How to change the background "preset" image Osmosis

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • Clear your browser cache - it's probably just that the image is cached in your browser.

But... that's not how you should be changing the image. You should never change any of our original templates files as they will be overwritten again by updates. You should go into template manager > style and change the page surround to "custom" and then select your image from there.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Gabriel

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Hi MrT,

Thank you for the post. I did what you recommended: clear the cache, change the surround to custom and then select the image. But it's not changing. The image remains the same as in the original template.

What could be the problem?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Gabriel.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Gabriel - Please don't post in three month old dormant topics or we might miss your post. I suspect that you need to remove "fp-preset-images" module class suffix from the module too. If you need more help please start a new topic and post in the "osmosis" forum and provide a link to your site.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds