Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

how can to download template update without membership

• how can to download template update without membership

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • Hello,
      for now my membership is gone, but i need to download a template update. Because I was member for this template, what to do now?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: how can to download template update without membership

• Template updates are only available if you have a current subscription. So, you will need to renew your subscription if you want the update. Now, we also have the opportunity to subscribe to a single template for life too so your membership would never expire for that one template - it's also cheaper too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: how can to download template update without membership

• It is unfair practice!
      Because you sell buggy software and I buy this buggy software. And why i need to buy the update, when I'm already paid for this?

When you buy Windows 8 or Mac OS, tell me if a have bugg, and Microsoft say you must pay for fix of my bugs?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Veselin DImitrov.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• What is the bug that you must have the new version for please?

Out terms and conditions clearly state that a subscription is required to get support and be able to download the latest version of our products. We introduced "lifetime" subscriptions in response to user requests (i.e. you pay once and can get updates forever) but this is not the subscription that you had.

If there was a security fix we would provide that of course.

Please contact support if you have a grievance - As your subscription has only recently lapsed they may be able to assist you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • I agree with the poster. The template I use Vermillion has never been updated past 1.0 so purchasing the template after expensive membership expires makes no sense.

It's hard to know which is the right subscription when you're not sure how it all works. I spent the bigger chunk of my investment because I thought I would still be able to get updates on the installed template. You can't test how it works and select the right template for your website by buying one that may not work for your needs. There should be a one-time registration feature of a single site license for an installed template once a full membership is paid for.

So far, if I had purchased Leviathan I would have been unhappy because it took me months to figure out how to use RocketThemes. After I figured out how RocketThemes works it was too late. After many support forum back and forth with not real resolution of my issues, I realized that Leviathan was all wrong for my website. Membership expired and that initial membership was so expensive and unrecoverable.

I realized after expiration that I made a terrible mistake in misunderstanding how RocketThemes works. This was once I could no longer refer to my many support posts or to learn of resolutions to my issues. I was subjected to public shaming about the policy and procedures. I'm still in the dark.

I have other paid softwares that are tracked in such a way as I always get updates on a single domain registered installation. It's a reasonable relationship. It minimizes burned time and money.

Today I viewed my website and get this debug information spashed all over by website after WP core update. I have no idea where to start fixing this or if it is an issue of Rok plugins that need updating. I don't see how to easily update to the latest fixed Rok plugins.

There has to be a better way to update potentially problematic installed themes and/or plugins.
      NOTICE [1024] get_bloginfo was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.2! The text_direction option is deprecated for the family of bloginfo() functions. Use the is_rtl() function instead.
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Hi there,
      KittyJ wrote:
      I agree with the poster. The template I use Vermillion has never been updated past 1.0 so purchasing the template after expensive membership expires makes no sense.

In terms of updates please remember that there are times that we have to update templates, not because they are buggy, but because the CMS (WordPress/Joomla) make core changes that affect our templates or extensions. By having a subscription or lifetime template you get access to the updates as Mark mentioned.
      KittyJ wrote:
      It's hard to know which is the right subscription when you're not sure how it all works. I spent the bigger chunk of my investment because I thought I would still be able to get updates on the installed template. You can't test how it works and select the right template for your website by buying one that may not work for your needs. There should be a one-time registration feature of a single site license for an installed template once a full membership is paid for.

We have a version of that by purchasing a lifetime template. This option was created as a result of feedback from our member survey a while back. It cannot be applied to the developer accounts as we would be providing lifetime support for a single year's fee. Not a sensible business model for longevity of the club for its members.
      KittyJ wrote:
      So far, if I had purchased Leviathan I would have been unhappy because it took me months to figure out how to use RocketThemes. After I figured out how RocketThemes works it was too late. After many support forum back and forth with not real resolution of my issues, I realized that Leviathan was all wrong for my website. Membership expired and that initial membership was so expensive and unrecoverable.

The purchase of any product these days, not just our templates, requires an understanding of what is being purchased. We are always happy to advise people if they have any concerns about suitability. However, that does not mean we will spend time resolving problems with a template when a member no longer has a valid subscription. That would be unfair to members who are subscribed.
      KittyJ wrote:
      I realized after expiration that I made a terrible mistake in misunderstanding how RocketThemes works. This was once I could no longer refer to my many support posts or to learn of resolutions to my issues. I was subjected to public shaming about the policy and procedures. I'm still in the dark.

The one thing I can say is that we never try to shame anybody, privately or publically! Please provide me details and I will investigate further. We always try to refer members to the correct answer for their issue. Based on member feedback we started creating very detailed documents for all of our templates and this has helped to reduce the number of issues that members were having. Access to the documentation is free. Access to the forums and support are subject to a valid subscription being in place.
      KittyJ wrote:
      I have other paid softwares that are tracked in such a way as I always get updates on a single domain registered installation. It's a reasonable relationship. It minimizes burned time and money.

And you can do that here too buy purchasing a lifetime template. That also is a very reasonable relationship, especially when the cost is $29 - $49 depending on template. You also get free access to our extension. :)
      KittyJ wrote:
      Today I viewed my website and get this debug information spashed all over by website after WP core update. I have no idea where to start fixing this or if it is an issue of Rok plugins that need updating. I don't see how to easily update to the latest fixed Rok plugins.

There has to be a better way to update potentially problematic installed themes and/or plugins.
      NOTICE [1024] get_bloginfo was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.2! The text_direction option is deprecated for the family of bloginfo() functions. Use the is_rtl() function instead.

As I mentioned before, when WordPress make core changes and it affects our products we find a solution and release on update. If your membership is valid you get access and can upgrade accordingly. These are not bugs and you have to have a valid subscription. This also applies to support requests. Posting in forums that have general public access is likely to provide you with the polite answer that you need to renew your subscription or take out a new subscription in order to get support.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds