Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Attempt to reach template pages leads to error message page

• hpaumit
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Attempt to reach template pages leads to error message page

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • I had been developing a Joomla site on MAMP and recently opened a SiteGround account where I had the site uploaded to and set up, partly with the assistance of the SiteGround tech support. Most of the site seemed to function without any problem. Then when I tried to go to my template area following menu selection: Extensions... Template Manager... and then trying to select one of my overrides, "Anacron - Normal Page" I get the error page and message that reads: "An error has occurred. XML file did not load". After reviewing the situation with SiteGround tech support and having them look at it, they informed me that RocketTheme developers would best know where the settings should be updated. Hope you can advise with this. Of course you can tell this is a back end problem and providing a url is not possible. If you need further information from me let me know.

Thanks in advance

Paul
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by hpaumit.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Attempt to reach template pages leads to error message page

• clear your browser and server cache and try again.

If still no good, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • hpaumit
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I tried to clear the cache and it has only changed the error message to read: "fopen(http://localhost:8888/Joomla_3/administrator/index.php?option=com_poweradmin&task=checkUpdate&file=update.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: operation failed"

Thanks!

Paul
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Henning.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You cache directory is not writable so you have a permissions issue (it's correct that configuration.php is not writeable).

For permission issues check...

i) site > system information > directory permissions - are all GREEN (except config.php which should be red)
      ii) check folders are 755, files 644 and that owner/group are correct using ftp client
      iii) specifically check cache folder and css-compiled folder
      iv) check that your are NOT using apachehandler for you hosting and that instead you are using fastCGI/cgi. If you are you need to correct this in cPanel or Plesk or ask your host to change this. Then you'll have to start again afresh.
      v) Use the Joomla Forum Post Assistant to do detailed checks http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: hpaumit

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • hpaumit
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Okay Mark, thank you for this insight. I'll see if I can resolve this myself or pass along this information to SiteGround tech support.

Paul
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• no problem - please let us know how you get on.

Regards, Mark.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds