0 items Join Now

H2 tag showing Log In on all pages

• Keith_Tavy
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • IT Marketing

H2 tag showing Log In on all pages

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Hi,

I have the H2 tag on all my pages showing as the 'Log In' but I want it to show the short description on each page, but I cant seem to find the template that needs to be edited?

www.all-valves.co.uk/store is the website using Magento and theme cerulean.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
      Keith
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: H2 tag showing Log In on all pages

• Not quite getting what the problem is here. Which H2 tag exactly? Can you post a screenshot?
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • Keith_Tavy
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • IT Marketing

• Hi Sam,
      Using moz on my firefox browser I can view tags and mata descriptions and am seeing the H2 tag being used by the Log In top right. Not the actual button but if you view the page as google does, switch off javascript you see the text 'Log in' which is in a H2 tag.

www.all-valves.co.uk is the site

Is it the Moz report? it does this on all pages even the product pages which I was hoping to have the H2 tag on the short or top description.

Cheers
      Keith
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• If you want to change any of the tags, and need to find which template is used to display that particular element, you can turn on "Template Path Hints" by going to System -> Configuration -> Developer, then selecting a store view from the "Current Configuration Scope" dropdown, then clicking the Debug heading. This will then show a red border around each section of the frontend, listing the location of the template file.

This will usually be in the base folder (app/design/frontend/base/default/template) so if you want to customize the file, it's best practice to copy it to your theme folder (app/design/frontend/THEME/default/template), keeping the exact same folder structure. This will then override the original, so you can make your changes to this version.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • Keith_Tavy
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • IT Marketing

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Hi Sam,

Thanks for the advice, first chance to get back into this and found the template is: rokmage-modal-login.phtml
      In the form below I have a H2 tag <h2><?php echo $this->__('Log In') ?></h2>
      <form action="<?php echo $this->getPostActionUrl() ?>" method="post" id="login-form2">
                      <fieldset>
                          <legend>Log In</legend>
                          <h2><?php echo $this->__('Log In') ?></h2>
                          <div class="rokmage-email-login-block">
                              <label for="email"><?php echo $this->__('Email Address') ?></label>

This is what is showing as a H2 tag on almost all pages and returns the word 'Log In'
      I tried changing the tag to a H3 but this caused a slip on the overall look of the page, I tried adding padding around it and margin but this simply pushed the layout for the tag dwon the page.

Is it possible for me to place another function in there so that it returned say a description or title block of text from the page?
      <?php echo htmlspecialchars($this->getDescription()) ?> or something similar?

This would then at least give the H2 tag some seo as I noticed there are more H2 tags below for other blocks which even if I got rid of this one they would then show next :(

Any advice or help would be great
      Keith

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds