Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Pages suffix are not applied by several templates

• Labrax

Pages suffix are not applied by several templates

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Hello there,
      I am facing this problem:
      With joomla 1.5 and several RocketTheme templates I was using without problems pages suffix, to choose article titles style.
      With joomla 3.3 and the latest version to date of Nabuale, suffixes pages are not applied at all.
      With several other templates (oculus, vermilion, osmosis, gantry) pages suffix are not applied when they concerns the title (title1, title2 etc. ...). There is no problem with other suffix like box1 etc. …
      I did the test with - and without - a space before the suffix.
      Is there a way to solve this problem?
      Thank you.
      Note: This is a local site.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Pages suffix are not applied by several templates

• "Page Suffix" means one of 2 things to me...

Menu Manager > Menu Item > Page Display > Page Class

or

Template Manager > default MASTER > Advanced tab > Page Suffix
      toggle this 'ON' obviously...

the former is a Joomla thing that an RT template doesn't interfere with... the latter, well, just needs to be toggled 'ON'
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• oh... also note, that any and all MODULE suffixes that are built into Rocket Theme templates are NOT Page Classes by any means... applying them in the Page Class field may have SOME effect, but it is unintended and not designed that way...
    • The following users have thanked you: Labrax

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Labrax

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• fair enough... can we mark this solved?
    • Labrax

• Hi Matt,
      If you must stick to the topic title, it should actually go into "solved". I invite you to do.
      Yet I draw your attention to the fact that if updates templates does not work like the older versions, this is not due to "bad luck." There is a problem.
      The only concrete evidence that I can submit is that, with Nabulae, articles titles are not affected at all by the template. They are made with a simple H2 tag, which take no account of the font-family.
      Having solved the problem otherwise I will not pursue the investigation.
      Thank you for your answers.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Labrax.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• you can always post specific stylistic things you are trying to achieve with one of the templates on the boards... and while typically beyond the scope of support we often able to help, or other members may have solutions as well

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds