Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Corvus template - change logo block

• cyril

SOLVED Corvus template - change logo block

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • good evening.
      I'm using corvus template on my website.
      my question concerns the logo.
      what I would like to do is removing the grey block on upper left of the template (where we can insert the logo), remove it and add at the same place the logo. as in this grey block, my logo seems to be really small and I would like to have it out of it.

thanks for your help and sorry if my question is stupid as I'm quiet not a professional on Joomla...

best regards,

cyril.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Corvus template - change logo block

• Is this site online? If so, please provide the URL to the issue.
      :)
    • cyril

• sorry but my website is actually not fully completed so not online for the moment. but the template is exactly the corvus one.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• You can create a file using a simple text editor for custom css and name it using this format: templatefolder-custom.css (e.g., rt_kirigami-custom.css or gantry-custom.css). For this issue add this to the custom CSS file
      #rt-header .logo-block:before {border-width: 0;}
      #rt-header .logo-block {height: auto;width: auto;float: none;background-color: transparent;background-image: none;filter: none;border-width: 0;-webkit-box-shadow: none;-moz-box-shadow: none;box-shadow: none;}
      More Info here: www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/j...custom_stylesheet.md

It may need some modification once you apply your logo. If so, just let us know when your site is online so we can see what is needed
    • The following users have thanked you: cyril

• cyril

• thanks for your reply. I'll try it tomorrow as I do not have my computer with me actually.
      one more question regarding your answer as I'm a complete newbie in CSS.
      the text you gave me to create the CSS file alows to replace the grey block by my logo, if I understand well. but how can I call my .png image to make it appear?

sorry for stupid questions
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• cyril

• Thanks very much for help.
      I've already sawn this page about logo editing.
      Actually I've create the CSS file as you mentionned. The grey block has successfully disappear and I thank you for that.
      Now I can't find how to make my logo bigger that it is as it seems to be block by a script somewhere... do you have an idea??
      thanks in advance
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• by "bigger" do you mean that you have an image that is large but is being re-sized (made smaller) when you see it on the site?

If yes, this is due to one of two things (most likely).
      1) the layout slider for the header row needs to be moved to allow for w wider area for the logo. Look in the "Layouts" tab of the template manager and adjust the slider for the Header row as needed.

2) there is some CSS forcing the logo block to a specific size. We will need to see the site to verify the solution if #1 does not solve it for you.
    • The following users have thanked you: cyril

• cyril

• I've tried "playing" with the layout but it seems not to function.
      is there a way i can give you by private message an access to the website so that you can have a look on the website?
    • cyril

• okay I've succeed in having a big logo on header-a and my menu on header-b.
      I think my last issue is that my logo has a height of 270 px. but my menu appears on top of header-b, so there is big blank row between the menu and end of the header layout.
      what can I do? do you know how to tell menu on header-b not to be on top of the header but to move it to the middle of the header. or do I have to change the height of the header layout without changing the height of the logo?
      thanks in advance for your precious help

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds