Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Post-Launcher Problems

• Post-Launcher Problems

Posted 10 years 2 days ago
    • I've noticed in in 3 different template launchers I attempted to use recently and am running into the same problem with each one that I have never encountered before.

I can't make new categories, articles, cancel, etc.

This originates from the 3.2 launchers and occurs even after I update gantry, clear cache etc.

Would love some help as it still happens even if I authenticate the site through RT.

Thanks
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: Post-Launcher Problems

Posted 10 years 2 days ago
    • Can you please tell us which RT template launchers did you test and encountered on this issue? Please post URL and super admin login details to one of your websites so we can take a look
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
  • Re: Post-Launcher Problems

Posted 10 years 1 day ago
    • I first had problems with Paradigm, and last night I encountered the same problem with Spectral as well.

My current host is GoDaddy and I have been using RT for YEARS now and haven't had something like this happen. Thanks

Can't create new articles, categories, etc. (Could create new user)
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Posted 10 years 1 day ago
    • I get this

You do not have access to the administrator section of this site.
    • The following users have thanked you: Dubjective

Posted 10 years 6 hours ago
    • Please try again, thank you.
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Posted 10 years 9 minutes ago
    • You have file and folder permission issues

For permission issues check...

i) Site > system information > directory permissions - are all GREEN (except config.php which should be red)
      ii) Check folders are 755, files 644 and that owner/group are correct using an FTP client
      iii) Specifically check cache folder and css-compiled folder
      iv) Check that you are NOT using an apache handler for your hosting and that instead you are using FastCGI/cgi. If you are you need to correct this in cPanel or Plesk or ask your host to change this. Then you'll have to start again afresh.
      v) Use the Joomla Forum Post Assistant to do detailed checks http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • This is just blowing my mind because it is something I do on a very regular basis testing out different site options and I have never run into a problem like this.

I did notice something unique to my add category/article section that doesn't appear in a launcher that works properly. When i go to add a category or article, the box where I enter the content does end on the right, which is unique to this situation.

I followed your directions without much avail. I use RT and Launchers all the time so it's really throwin me for a loop

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Very strange. Seems to be unique to that hosting account.

If it suits you go ahead and delete this account, or I will post the solution here as soon as I find it.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds